Missed something about recording for replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed something about recording for replay

Evidently I have missed something reated to recording data for replay. I am getting the ER2 data but also want the ES data. How do I get both of them to record??
    Thanks
    Dean

To record data you will need to have that whatever instrument(s) pulled up on either a chart or in the Market Analyzer. Please also ensure that you have the "Run market replay recorder" option checked.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately, you have to use a Market Analyzer if you want to record/store more than a few instruments. Using an MA also keeps data collection consistant.

You must add an indicator column to the MA in order for NT to record and collect data. It will not collect data without this.

The indicator can be applied to Minute and / or Tick data.

IF all you want is Replay .. then any time period will do.
      However, if you want to store both tick and minute data for backtesting/charting, then you will need to have two indicator columns.. one using a 'n' minute period, and another for the tick data.

I know this sounds and looks weird.... NT is truely 'unique' in this regard.

Hopefully NT will eventually have a simple list of instruments to collect data for like many other programs do. Or even a simple option in the MA properties to collect data.

Don't shoot the messenger.... I'm just another user of an otherwise outstanding product.

Comment

While this clearly is not really intuitive it's not much of hassle either, so I'm quite pleased with the implementation. Took me some time though before I figured this out and lost about 2 weeks of data, in retrospective no biggie.

Comment

Thanks for filling in the details guys.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using Market Analyzer to record ask, bid, last, for the e-mini's, grains, gold, and 6 - currencies. Also ADD, TICK, TRIN. I have been doing this for the past couple weeks but have not had the chance to playback any data. I checked the files and the daily folders are pretty big so I know that it is recording data. What I don't know based upon what I am reading is if it is any good. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Sorry, what's your issue?

Comment

Hi Dierk,

I guess I am asking or wondering if I have an issue with the data I have been recording based upon the the response that Zoltran gave to the OP in this thread. I am not using any MA's in the Market Analyzer just the bid, ask, last for the instruments I referenced.

Comment

Sorry, I would not know if you have an issue. Basically market data would be recorded as soon as you have turned it on. It would be recorded for all instruments you are subscribed to.

Comment

Art .. MA in my note refers to Market Analyzer .. not 'Moving Average' ... You can use any indicator.

Dierk .. - You used to need an indicator on an MktAnlzr to make NT record any data .. either historical or replay.
                    Is this no longer the case?

Comment

Hi Zoltran,

Can you please explain or refer me to the thread/discussion on the use and reasons for including a MA in the Market Analyzer when recording data. I want to make sure I understand.

Thanks

Comment

You are confusing replay and chart data. The former is recorded as you are subscribed (+ options turned on), the latter as you e.g. have an indicator on the market analyzer (+options turned on).

Comment

Thanks,
                          I am confussed and so I need to blame someone. I could blame my wife because she is the source of most of my confussion but I think I will blame Zoltran this time only because he is in Canada and that is where most of Chicago's bad weather comes from.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post usazencort  
                          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes