Connecting to FXCM problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to FXCM problems

3/11/2013 10:30:42 PM Connection FXCM: FXCM login failed, reason given: 'User or connection doesn't exist.'(LoginFailed)

Hello wxtrox7,

Thank you for your post.

Please remove and recreate the connection to FXCM:
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to FXCM.
    Click here to take me to the FXCM Connection Guide

If the issue remains, please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com.

In the message, include a link to this forum thread and a copy of the Config file that you'll find in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi.
      All was ok with my FXCM demo account, but I updated last ninja version and I receive this message, Login failed: A connection cannot be established since your account supports hedging. You must contact your broker to have hedging disable before you can connec

What can I do? Thank you

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

The NinjaTrader FXCM adapter does not support hedging. If you have a hedging account, you will need to contact FXCM and have this changed to a regular account. They should be familiar with this process.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

FXCM to trade CFDs

It's correct FXCM account must have hedging dis-abled as this seems to be the default from fxcm dot com. As I live in Canada and want to trade the CFD US30 (future YM equivalent), the FXCM combination is a FXCM support/admin issue now.

If this matters to other Canadian traders wanting to trade a small account (less than $5000) and indices in NT, I just wanted to share one option as our brokers selection is very limited.

Comment

Follow up on Cannot log in

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue with logging in my demo account. I tried removing my account, closing down the application and restarting ninja trader then adding a new account and it still says the same thing. Wrong user name or password : failed to login. Im using FXCM as my broker.

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include the following:
              1.) A link to this forum thread.
              2.) The demo username and password which you were assigned.
              3.) A copy of the Config file which you will find in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder.

Comment

FXCM Demo Login Issue

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue with logging into my demo account with FXCM. I tried removing the account, closing down the application and restarting Ninja Trader then adding a new account and it still says the same thing. Wrong user name or password : failed to login. I'm using FXCM as my broker and have been using the same login details and password for some time, successfully with NT7. Also, when logging into the Demo account directly with FXCM, the Demo account login details are still current and allow access. As this is not the only occurrence of this issue today, could the fault be with FXCM or Ninja Trader? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of the Config file which you will find in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder.

Comment

Read disclaimer from FXCM

The disclaimer mentions the type of chart and connection issues.
                    Please take this into account when using FXCM.
                    Attached Files

Comment

FXCM Login Error - Hedging Account

Hello

I am receiving a "Hedging Account" error message when setting up and logging into the FXCM Connection. I have removed the connection, restarted and re-setup several times and the problem continues. The futures connection works fine.

Error Message reads. Login Failed: A connection cannot be established since your account supports hedging. You must contact your broker to have hedging disabled before you can connect.

I have attached the Config.xml file in a zip archive.

Thanks.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 01-24-2017, 07:06 AM.

Comment

There is currently a known issue with forex demos requested from our website. Our Development Team is aware and working on a solution. When a solution is reached, you will need to request a new forex demo here:

NinjaTrader is a leading futures broker & trading platform provider with deep discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract. Start your FREE demo powered by live data.

When this is resolved, I will update this thread.

Also, I removed your attached config file as this may contain sensitive information.

Comment

The forex demos are now working correctly. Please request a new demo as outlined in my previous post.

Comment

Hello, i have the same problem as wxtrox7 above. Connection FXCM: FXCM login failed, reason given: 'User or connection doesn't exist.'
                            I use FXCM demo data and still NT7 because I have bought indicators for NT7. Please can it be solved somehow? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jirinadvornik View Post
                              Hello, i have the same problem as wxtrox7 above. Connection FXCM: FXCM login failed, reason given: 'User or connection doesn't exist.'
                              I use FXCM demo data and still NT7 because I have bought indicators for NT7. Please can it be solved somehow? Thank you.

Hello,

Please contact us by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com, as this thread is from 2017. ​If you are still using a forex demo, it will likely need to be extended manually by a technical support representative.

We look forward to assisting you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sparkyboy  
                              Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                              21 responses