Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I have custom NinjaScript files with errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have custom NinjaScript files with errors?

"You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File"

This is preventing me from installing indicators. What to do?

Use Tools>>Edit NinjaScript>>>Indicators to open up any indy... pick one of the NT preloaded ones like ADX near the top of the list... it doesn't matter which one.

Hit F5 or click the compile icon on the toolbar...

This will attempt to compile all the indicators in the indicator folder.... when you import NinjaScript it ALSO attempts to compile all the indys in the indicator folder. A file in the folder has errors and is causing NT to not be able to compile something in the folder...

By pressing F5 you are compiling as well... now you use the error window that will open at the bottom of teh script you just compiled to find out which one has the problem.

I have created an error on purpose in one of my files so I can attached the screen shot. Follow the arrow on the screen shot to find the offending file's name.

Now that you know the offending files name, you either need to fix the errors in that ninjascript file, or delete it from the folder.

After you do either fix or delete, you need to compile once again. If the errors are fixed or the file is deleted you'll get a heartwarming chime letting you know everything in the folder compiled correctly.

Now you will be able to import the new Ninjascript.... assuming it does not have errors.
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh boy. I deleted the files that were supposedly causing the problems and now almost every indicator dissapeard from my indicator list. I can't even put a EMA on my chart.

This is the nice message I get when I try to put a EMA on my chart:

Indicator "NinjaTrader.IndicatorEMA' could not be deserialized:
      There is an error in XML document (1,2)

You would think I would be smart enough by now to just leave things alone instead of
      experimenting with **** in my spare time.

Comment

Well I did a system restore back to this morning and everything is okay I guess. At least I got my indicators back. From now on, no more messing around with something that is not broken in the first place. Wow do I feel like a retard.
        Last edited by BottomShark77; 03-09-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses
        1 view