"Outside Regular Trading Hours"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Outside Regular Trading Hours"

When I place an order on the SuperDOm (connected to IB) I get a pop-up warning that Attribute Outside Regular Trading Hours ignored. It then sets up the order, but messes up the OCO strategy that should be entered when the order fills.

I don't know how I set that--I just want regular trading hours--nor do I know how to shut if off.
    Thanks!

Regards,
    Raj

Somewhere in TWS order defaults there is likely a setting that deals with stop orders triggered outside of regular trading hours. I don't recall where that is.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For what it is worth, I could not find the correct setting in IB's TWS to fix the problem.

But switching to the "smart client" version of TWS instead of the "java" version fixed the problem.

Regards,
      Raj

Comment

Raj - I'm having the same issue. What do you mean by the 'smart client'. Are you referring to the "Standalone" version?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, the version that you have to "download" and then runs off your desktop, versus the version you dynamically get by visiting the web page each time.

Be sure you still set up to allow access by DDE, ActiveX clients, etc, so NT can get to it.

Regards,
          Raj

My apologies for the Microsoft speak

Comment

Hate to tell ya Raj... but they are both Java ... doesn't matter if it's stand-alone or run from your browser.

Comment

Zoinks! What will our Redmond Overlords think??

Comment

I was able to get "sort of" a reply from IB:
                This has newly been implemented through our API. The orders will go through appropriately but you will receive this warning. Please let me know if the orders are in fact not going through.
                I told them the error was "2109", which is not listed in the API documentation (so I would not expect folks at NT to know about it).

I am still trying to get them to tell me how to shut it off or stop it from disrupting NT.

Regards,
                Raj

Comment

Thank you for your post.

Check in TWS, there is a setting to allow stops being triggered outside of regular hours.

Please go to the Configure Button--> Order--> Order Defaults--> and the "Allow order to be activated, triggered, or filled outside of regular trading hours" box is located under the Order Type and Time in Force fields for each symbol type. Please make sure it is checked.

Otherwise please remove your account connection, reboot the machine, recreate your account connection, and then connect.

Also you must use standalone TWS 877 with the current production release of NinjaTrader, and you can download it from the link listed below.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_interactivebrokers.htm
                  JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  16 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Leafcutter  
                  Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes