Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gap between bars

Hello,

I am using Gain/Forex.com with NT. Yesterday I opened some chats without any problems but suddenly when I tried to open a new chart the last bar in the chart was the current bar but the second in last was from January, and so there was a gap in the graph. This happened to me with some pairs of currencies.

I tried again today but with the same result.

I attached 2 sreenshot so you can see better what I mean. I talked to Gain/Forex but they told me I had to contact you for better assistance

Thanks

Sincerely
    Attached Files

Hello dvercher,

It looks like you are missing data from 1/29/2013 to the date that you are trying to view. Can you right click inside of the Chart and select Reload All Historical Data to try and restore this?

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I right clicked inside of the Chart and selected Reload All Historical Data to try and restore this, but with no results. The chart looks the same.

What else can I do?

Thanks

Sincerely

Comment

Hello,

Which instrument and bar interval is shown in the images you included with your first post?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I could open 24 pairs of currencies with no problem. I had problems with the following instruments:

-Eur.Nok
          -Eur.Sek
          -Nzd.Jpy
          -Usd.Dkk
          -Usd.Nok
          -Usd.Sek

The bar intervals were of 1440 minutes (I prefer this than 1 day as my strategy requires this bar intervals)

Thanks

Sincerely

Comment

Hello?

Any idea?

Thanks

Sincerely

Comment

Hello,

While you mention you are using a 1440 minute chart, does this data show up when you load a Daily chart?

What Session Template do you have applied to this chart?

And have you made any adjustments to the Session Template that you are using?
              CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Either I load a 1440 minute chart or a daily chart I got the same error message. I attach an screenshot of the error. It makes no sense because it says that the server is busy or not available but all the rest 24 charts are receiveing data properly.

The session template I am using is the Forex default with no adjustments.

What can I do?

Thanks

Sincerely
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello dvercher,

Thanks for your reply.

Who's servers are you set to load historical data from when connected to Gain?
                  You can check by going to Tools> Account Connections
                  Select your Gain account and press Change
                  Press Next on the Manage an Existing Connection and General screen
                  Under Historical Data select NinjaTrader servers if not already selected

With the Gain servers you will only receive 24 hours of historical minute data

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider section of our help guide.
                  BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon,

I have already selected NinjaTrader servers, that´s why I don´t understand what´s wrong...

Any other idea?

Thanks

Sincerely

Comment

Hello dvercher,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested these specific instruments and unfortunately it seems additional historical data is not available with Gain.

To receive additional historical daily data I would recommend to connect to the Kinetick End Of Day (Free) connection first and then Gain.
                      You would then need to change your 1440 minute charts to 1 day charts
                      To receive additional historical data with a 1440 minute chart would require connecting to another provider.
                      I have tested and verified the Kinetick Real-time data connection would be able to support additional historical minute data.

Kinetick has been designed to be the optimal market data feed for the NinjaTrader 7 platform and is Free for End of Day data for stocks, futures and Forex.
                      Streaming real-time quote service start as low as $50/month and you can even have your CME exchange fees waived with a qualified brokerage account. Please see the Kinetick website for more information: http://www.kinetick.com/
                      You'll also enjoy all these benefits with any Basic Service subscription:

* Fast, unfiltered data
                      * Live data for 500 Market Metrics Indices are automatically included. Full list at: http://www.kinetick.com/market-metrics
                      * Eliminated exchange fees for qualified accounts: http://www.kinetick.com/CME
                      * Free Globex upgrades for qualified accounts
                      * Free delayed and historical data for other exchanges not subscribed to
                      * Free news from RTT News, PR Newswire, and Business Wire

Comment

Hello,

I have just talked to one of the representatives from Gain. This is the conversation:

Daniel: Anyway, I just want to know if gain support these pairs of currencies:
                        Daniel: EUR.NOK
                        Daniel: EUR.SEK
                        Daniel: NZD.JPY
                        Daniel: USD.DKK
                        Daniel: USD.NOK
                        Daniel: USD.SEK
                        Steve: May I have your account number or user ID please?
                        Daniel: xxxxxxxxxxx
                        Steve: Yes, for your account we do offer these currency pairs as trade able currencies.

So whats the problem? Can anybody help please?

Thanks

Sincerely

Comment

Hello dvercher,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct, Gain supports these instruments however they only provide 24 hours of minute data with their servers. You will need to connect to another provider to receive additional historical minute data.

Comment

Hello Brandon,

As I told you below I have Ninja Trader servers set for gain, that´s why I could open the rest of the 24 pairs of currencies, Why am I having problems with these 6 pairs of currencies?
                            I tried with the End of day free connection with Kinetick and I got the same error in the chart. The session template is Forex and the bars are 1 day. I attach a screenshot so you can see.

Any idea?

Thanks

Sincerely
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello dvercher,

Thanks for your reply.

These pairs do not have historical minute data available from the NinjaTrader servers.
                              When connecting to the Kinetick End Of Day (free) you need to disconnect from Gain, connect to Kinetick End Of Day (free) first, then connect to Gain.
                              Once complete right click on your 1 day chart and select Reload All Historical Data

If you still are unable to get your chart to work please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com saying ATTN Bradon and include a link to this forum topic

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
                              19 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rene69851  
                              Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes