Limit order fills (ask/bid??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit order fills (ask/bid??)

I may have a wrong understanding of the whole bid/ask thing when it involves limit orders, but anyway, here's my question:

When placing, for example, a buy order from the DOM by clicking on one of the rectangles to the left of the desired price, a screen will pop up asking if I want to place a limit order at this particular price. I've heard from you guys and others that on limit orders you get filled at that price or better. However, what if the ask price is one tick higher (worse) than the desired price fill that we were hoping for. Is it a given that we will get the ask price, even if it's one tick higher (worse) than what we wanted?

(in an attempt to now answer my own question) Could it be that in order to get our desired buy price when the ask price is one tick higher, price will need to move one tick THROUGH our desired price, Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

That is correct when submitting a Limit Order this order will only fill at this specific price or better.

The Limit Order will not fill at a worse price than the order is submitted however keep in mind when trading a volitile market there is a chance the Limit Order may not be filled if the price jumps or moves quickly thru your desired price with low volume.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses