Tried to Backtest, but no results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried to Backtest, but no results

I just did NT7, and connected to my FXCM account. I have a few questions/problems, but I think they are related.

First, I have tried to backtest a strategy, but it gives no results. I created one, and even tried the ones that came with NT7, but no results. I have tried different currencies and different time periods.

I go into the history data manager, and I have data since 2/13 that I have dowloaded for GBPUSD (which is the pair, I tried to backtest) and the time range I tried to use.

But it gives me no results.

Second (I think related) problem is why does it not seem to keep the data I download. I download the data (which takes forever - I left to download 2 months of tick data over night, but it only downloaded a few days). Also, do I need to conver the tick data into a TF or does it do this automatically?

Thanks for your help!

Hello stearno,

Can you please check if you see the requested data if you select the Chart-tab in the Strategy Analyzer after you run a backtest?

Be aware that only the SampleMACrossOver strategy will submit orders and produce results upon backtesting of the default strategies. Do you see results if you test the SampleMACrossOver strategy?

Please note that historical data can be slow to load with FXCM, especially historical tick data. See the FXCM connection guide below.

Disclaimer

2. Historical chart data, especially tick data, can be slow to load at times.

You can see all historical data that you have present in NinjaTrader at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab.

I am not sure what you refer by "TF". Could you please clarify?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

backtest

Okay, I did another backtest for only covering 2 days, and used the MA Crossover strategy. It is running now.

So, on the data from FXCM, I understand it is slow, but is this normal to run it all night only get a few days of tick data of one pair?

TF = Time Frame.

Thanks for the help.

-Jonathan

Comment

If you left it running all night, the servers could time out before your full request was made. If this happens, your chart will come back without all of the data you requested.

I understand that there are some upgrades aimed at their severs in the near future which should help improve the load times.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

FXCM data downloading

Okay, so we have figured it out, it is the FXCM data and length of time to download.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post mattbsea  
          Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes