• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does a Bar show up for a holiday?

NT - 7.0.1000.10
    Data provider - IB
    Instrument - ES 03-13

Hi,

On my Daily chart for ES 03-13 I am getting a bar for yesterday - President's day holiday.
    The dataseries session template is set to "CME US Index Futures RTH".

How do I eliminate holiday bars from the chart?

thanks

Hello,

NinjaTrader 7 does not currently have any sort of holiday logic to filter bars during these days. This is something we're looking to have added to the next major release of NinjaTrader, however I do not an ETA on when this may be released.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I searched within the forum and I see questions on this issue way back in 2008.

5 years and still no ETA. This needs to get bump in priority as it screws up all the indicators.

Comment

To clarify, the next major release does not have an ETA, but Holiday Scheduling will be addressed in that release.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

hmm, my ninja trader 7 charts do not include holidays. So why is that?

I just assumed the software was filtering out days when the market was closed.

Could it be that I'm using a Session Manager setting for the instruments set to 'Default 24/5'?

Also, this is for charts of QQQ, SLV and USO.

Comment

Hi vishalct,

first of all, CME is not closed on President's Day. So there will be some intraday data for a the night session and a shorter than usual regular session. Technically the trading on President's Day is not a separate trading day, but it is part of the next trading day on Tuesday. There is no daily data published by CME for President's Day.

I confirm that you are correct. There should be no daily data for President's Day. But if there is data, it is your fault

Here comes the explanation:

(1) Interactive Broker has cheap data, you get what you pay for.

Interactive Brokers does not have genuine daily data. Their data is

-> assembled from intraday data
            -> not identical published with the daily data from CME
            -> the daily data does not show the settlement price published by CME

(2) NinjaTrader offers you free daily data (Kinetick EOD), which is high quality data.

Why don't you simply use it? Kinetick EOD has the settlement price as required, and it will not show you a daily bar for President's Day for ES.

(3) This is what I recommend to do:

-> delete all daily futures data downloaded from IB (your if you want to keep it copy the folders into a backup directory, you will find them under Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db -> day)
            -> Now first-connect NinjaTrader to Kinetick (you may or may not second-connect to Interactive Brokers)
            -> Open Historical Data Manager, select default and download data for all your instruments in the default list
            -> from now on, always first-connect to Kinetick EOD and second-connect to Interactive Brokers, daily data will then be downloaded from Kinetick and intraday data from Interactive Brokers.

Originally posted by vishalct View Post
            NT - 7.0.1000.10
            Data provider - IB
            Instrument - ES 03-13

Hi,

On my Daily chart for ES 03-13 I am getting a bar for yesterday - President's day holiday.
            The dataseries session template is set to "CME US Index Futures RTH".

How do I eliminate holiday bars from the chart?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gdavis74 View Post
              hmm, my ninja trader 7 charts do not include holidays. So why is that?

I just assumed the software was filtering out days when the market was closed.

Could it be that I'm using a Session Manager setting for the instruments set to 'Default 24/5'?

Also, this is for charts of QQQ, SLV and USO.
              Are you talking about daily data or intraday data? Session templates have no impact on daily data. If you do not have holiday data for some instruments, then this may depend on your daily data provider.
              Last edited by Harry; 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
              14 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post emuns