Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comparing columns

Hi I have two question related to market analyser:

1. is it possible to format a cell comparing its value not with a fixed number (e.g. >0 ) but with another cell? for instance, if price > SMA (200), make it green... I have both price and SMA (200) in the MA window

2. alternatively to that, is it possible to create a column as a difference of two other variables? for instance, showing the difference between price and SMA(200)?

thanks

Hello kalkanis,

1. Unfortunately this is not supported in the Market Analyzer. You can only use numeric values.

You can create custom alerts by programming a custom indicator. Please see the following links for more information.

Creating custom indicators

Alert()

2. You would need to create a custom indicator that calculates the difference and load it as an Indicator column in the Market Analyzer.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I found in this forum a script for an indicator which does almost what I need. I uploaded it and it works. However I would like to create a slight variant of the same indicator. I edited it and saved with another name. However when I create a new column it does not show among the existing indicators. I only find the original one. I can find it if I choose the edit option ( I can see both the original and the new version -- I need both). but when I try to load it as a new column in market analyser I can only see the old one. how can i access both? thanks

Comment

Hello,

After you saved the new indicator, did you compile your indicators? This would be required for it to show up.

You can compile by right clicking on the indicator code and selecting "Compile".
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by Harry, 05-02-2018, 01:54 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes