Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How Many PC can be install NT with license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many PC can be install NT with license?

Hi,i decided to purchase NT license but would like to know whether 1 license can be install NT in my PC and laptop work both can be work simultaneously?

The key can only be used one at a time. This does not mean you can't install it on both computers though. I believe you just can't use it simultaneously. What you can do is put the key on the computer you want to place live trades with and on the other computer use the demo key.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Concurrent license use

Josh is correct, you can install NinjaTrader on as many PCs as you like but only one PC can be used at a time with the same live license. If you need to run NinjaTrader for live trading from two or more PCs concurrently, you would need a live trading license per PC. If you just want to use charts or other free features then you can use a free simulation license on those PCs.

JG

Comment

You can not run two computers live simultaneously even if you run one on on a "sim" license and the other one on a "live" license. I tried it this morning and my "live" license running PC got disconnected.

I don't get it - there should be no conflict here since you you can trade "live" on only one. Will this be corrected in the near future?

Comment

This is no matter of the NT licensing. Have you been connected to the same broker/data provider the same time? If so, then they likely kicked you out on one machine.

Comment

Live and Sim running concerntly

So based on the last response here, I can run a "live" license and a "sim" license against the same broker (assuming the broker allows it... such as a demo and live account with Gain/Forex).

Can I run both of these - a "live" and "sim" license of NT - on the same box at the same time? Or would I need two seperate boxes?

Comment

Unfortunately, you can't run two instances of NinjaTrader on the same PC at the same time. So it is not possible to run one instance of NinjaTrader with a sim license and a another instance with a live license on the same PC, i.e. you would need to use two PC's
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't know if having two PC's would help - I have two PC's (which are
                not networked) and still got disconnected. I got one of those "there can
                only be one instance of Ninja Trader running at the same time" even
                though one PC was running on a "sim" license and the other one on a
                "live" license.

Why is that? I don't know. When someone who is a lot smarter than I am
                figures it out, please let me know because I see no logic here.

Just thaught I put in my two cents.

Comment

You can run a live license and a sim license with the same broker on two different PC's, providing the broker supports it. It could be your broker does not support to use the same account connection (one for the sim license and one for the live license) at the same time with two different PC's for two connections.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_J View Post
                    I don't know if having two PC's would help - I have two PC's (which are
                    not networked) and still got disconnected. I got one of those "there can
                    only be one instance of Ninja Trader running at the same time" even
                    though one PC was running on a "sim" license and the other one on a
                    "live" license.

Why is that? I don't know. When someone who is a lot smarter than I am
                    figures it out, please let me know because I see no logic here.

Just thaught I put in my two cents.
                    Sorry to interrupt, but I think NT Support tries to explain is that you can not use the same user/pass combination on both machines, you need to call your broker and obtain a sim account user/pass combination for the 2nd machine.

I got two copies running in two machines, 1-Sim, 1-Live.

Hope that help.

Regards

Comment

Is that possible to install 2-3 NT with the same live license key on 2-3 computers and only on 1 of them?

Thanks.

Comment

As long as you only use 1 computer at a time I think it shouldn't be a problem.
                        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Licenses & machines

no need to put more fuss here, still... gathering from Paul_J post...

1. Does NT license service prohibits running several NT instances from the same IP regardless of the mis/match of license keys? Or the single running NT instance check is implemented strictly on OS level?

2. Can we run several NTs with the same demo key?

3. What happen when a second NT instance tries to start, will is be prohibited until the previous disconnected or it will be allowed but previously accepted instance will be dropped out?

4. Does lifetime multibroker license covers all possibly coming major versions of NT and new broker connections, with no intention that once some clever marketing guy find the need to split for NT Std. and Ultimate Editions with a cost to upgrade?

Comment

Hi Nintra:

Please see my responses below your questions...

1. Does NT license service prohibits running several NT instances from the same IP regardless of the mis/match of license keys? Or the single running NT instance check is implemented strictly on OS level?

RS: Yes, you can only run one instance of NinjaTrader per pc.

2. Can we run several NTs with the same demo key?

RS: Yes

3. What happen when a second NT instance tries to start, will is be prohibited until the previous disconnected or it will be allowed but previously accepted instance will be dropped out?

RS: If one instance of NinjaTrader is currently running, you will receive an error when attempting to launch the second instance of NT on the same pc and the software will not open.

4. Does lifetime multibroker license covers all possibly coming major versions of NT and new broker connections, with no intention that once some clever marketing guy find the need to split for NT Std. and Ultimate Editions with a cost to upgrade?

RS: The MultiBroker lifetime license is the best value when purchasing NinjaTrader. You will receive all upgrades to the software at no additional cost as long as you are trading and the license will always be valid.

If you would like more information on purchasing NinjaTrader, please send me a note to sales @ ninjatrader dot com.

Best regards,
                            RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Tim-c
                            by Tim-c