All charts stuck on the exact same time stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All charts stuck on the exact same time stamp

All of my charts, from 2 different data feeds are stuck on the exact same time stamp even though the price is updating with each new time/tick/volume bar. All charts and all bars have the time stamp 23:59:41 2/11/2013. I've tried restarting NT and opening new charts but to no avail. Please advise.

Hello bluelou,

Thank you for your forum post.

Who are you connected to within NinjaTrader? In what order are these connections established?

If you are receiving live price movement for these instruments you can troubleshoot the situation by resetting your instruments:

When you perform an instrument reset, the following actions will occur:
    • User added instruments will not be affected.
    • Any changes you have made to the original instrument settings will be reset
    • Any changed symbol mappings will be reset including changes made for use with the Automated Trading Interface.

• Disconnect from any data providers.
    • Control Center > Tools > Options...
    • Data tab > Reset Instruments
    • Restart NinjaTrader

I look forward to hearing if this helps to resolve the situation or if I can provide any further assistance.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

RyanL,
      I went through the steps you described and made some progress but it's not sufficient.

I normally login to Gain 1st and then IQFeed. For now, I'm logging into them separately to try to isolate the problem.

When logging into Gain only it now appears that the Gain feed is updating correct with the correct time stamps.

When logging into IQFeed only it now appears that IQFeed is updating with the correct time-bar stamps but I haven't made any progress with tick or volume bars. I've only tried 6E ##-## so far. I've tried restarting, opening new charts, etc. Any idea on what would be causing the problem w/IQFeed tick and volume bars?

Comment

RyanL,
        After a few instrument resets I think I may have isolated the problem to tick and volume bars for the 6E ##-## continuous contract. I still need it fixed, tho.

Comment

Hello bluelou,

Thank you for the information.

When connecting to Gain, you will be able to access Forex instruments, other instruments such as Equities and Futures will be unavailable.

Do you know if your IQFeed account is enabled for live 6E data?

What is your Merge Policy set to within NinjaTrader?
          • Control Center > Tools > Options...
          • Data tab
          • Merge Policy > If not set to "MergeBackAdjusted" then I would suggest to set to this option.
          • Click "OK" when finished.
          • Retest the situation

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

RyanL,
            I already had it set to MergeBackAdjusted. I'm using delayed data for futures presently. But, I've been collecting data this way for a very long time. Today was the first time I've had a problem. What's the next step to get the 6E continuous contract working correctly again?

Comment

Hello bluelou,

If you are currently receiving delayed data for futures on the IQFeed connection then I would expect that the data on your charts will be delayed.

I can investigate the situation further with you by testing your account connection on my end.. Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
              1.) A link to this forum thread.
              2.) Your config file as an attachment:
              • You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
              • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Comment

RyanL,
                LOL! I don't have a problem with my delayed feed producing delayed data.

The problem is that the time stamp for the 6e ##-## (continuous) contract is stuck on 2/11/2013 23:59:41 EST and it's been stuck on 23:59:41 since yesterday. Obviously, this time stamp has yet to occur in reality. Again, the prices are updating and new bars are being formed. But, for each new bar the time stamp is always 23:59:41! I'll send you the info you've requested so we can figure out what the fix is.

Thx,
                Lou

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
                Hello bluelou,

If you are currently receiving delayed data for futures on the IQFeed connection then I would expect that the data on your charts will be delayed.

I can investigate the situation further with you by testing your account connection on my end.. Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                1.) A link to this forum thread.
                2.) Your config file as an attachment:
                • You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
                • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Comment

RyanL,
                  I've sent the info you requested to the support inbox. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thx,
                  Lou

Comment

RyanL,
                    The same problem happened again. So, that's 2 instances in 2 weeks. I'm starting to get a little concerned. Is this a bug in NT7?

I was able to fix the issue but it seems like a crappy way to manage a platform. As a reminder, here's what we did when you logged into my pc on 9-feb:

Overview:
                    1) Problem: Using continuous futures volume bars (6E ##-##, IQ Feed data) I was getting current price data but the exact same time stamp would repeat on every bar.

2) Solution: Switched to an older version of IQFeed client. Then, went into NinjaTrader 7 / db / tick / 6E ##-## and deleted the most recent day's Ask/Bid/Last .ntd files. Restarted and reconnected NT7 and the problem was solved.

3) Issue: Why is this recurring? I don't want to have to go into the database and delete files. If I was running a live strategy on this it could have been a disaster. Can your team take a closer at this issue?

Comment

Hello Lou,

Thank you for the follow up.

I have sent you a follow up reply directly via email. I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

RyanL,
                        Any update since our last chat? The same problem happened again today. I fixed it as I have before - by going in and deleting the database files. But, that's not going to work long term.

Also, today I noticed for the first time that it happened intraday. I had 9 bars this morning with the exact same time stamp around 9:15am ET.

Comment

bluelou,

Thanks for checking in.

I'm still looking into this as we're not able to reproduce this behavior. These things can be a little tricky because we have to catch it in the act. However, I suspect there is something on your computer that is doing this. I recall when Ryan was logged in, we noticed that even your minute bars were plotting a day ahead.

Today, did you notice the time stamp for the minute bars and daily bars? Was this a few hours ahead again?

Would you by chance have a second computer you can setup and run tests on your IQFeed connection? It would be good to know if you're able to reproduce this under a similar environment on another computer.

The next time this happens, can you please send me your chart data so we can look into this again. You can do this by going to Help--> Mail to support--> check "Chart data" and send the message with a reference to this thread.

Thanks
                          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew,
                            Yes, I have other computers but seeing that the error is happening once every couple of days it would be hard to catch w/o really disrupting my workflow. Maybe I can run an NT trial license and get DTN (IQFeed) to set me up with a test or additional feed. Can I run IQFeed on a trial version of NT? If not, can you set me up with a temporary license so we can track the issue?

No, I haven't noticed my minute bars plotting a day ahead. They appear to have the correct time stamps at the moment.

Also, you might want to check with RyanL and your tech team. They looked at this issue in depth around 1 or 2 weeks ago but I don't recall hearing back from them.

~Lou

Comment

Lou,

You can run IQFeed on a free simulation license key.

Ryan was actually working with me while they were logged in. This has been escalated to me and I'm currently investigating it.
                              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Skifree
                              by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                              0 responses