Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Accounts tab

Hello,

I have several doubts about the Cash Value column.

First, I can see that in case of the SIM101 account the value is only updated when a position is open or closed. I also can see that the amount only considers the value of losing positions when these are closed. So, the value of Cash is only realistic when all positions are closed. Is there a way to avoid this.

Second, in the case of IB the Cash value is correctly updated on TWS and it considers the value of closed positions plus the profit or loss value of open positions. This is right. Although this calculation is correct, on NT the value is also updated only when a position is opened or closed. Is there a way to avoid this.

thanks

Hello guillembm,

Thank you for your post.

So your Interactive Brokers account in NinjaTrader only updates the Cash Value when the positions is closed? Is that correct?

The data in the Accounts tab of the NinjaTrader Control Center is the data provided by your connectivity provider. NinjaTrader connects to Interactive Brokers through an API technology and the technology will supply these values to NinjaTrader when they are updated by the API technology.

The SIM101 account is calculated by NinjaTrader and the Cash Value is working as expected. I will however send this as a request to our development team to see PnL effect the Cash Value in real-time as well.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

No, perhaps I didn't express myself very well.

IB Cash value is fine because it considers the PnL effect. This is right. I meant that the value is only updated on the Accounts tab when a position is open or closed.

As you said on your reply the PnL effect is not considered and this is not realistic. Thanks for proposing this for a new development.

Comment

Hello guillembm,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # 2239.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post 00nevest  
        Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes