X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT functionality with IB Advisor account

Specific questions,

1. scenario is:

Two accounts (A & B) under one master account (X) at IB. Currently when order is placed in IB's trade station, quantity of 2, is automatically split into two accounts, say 1:1. In NT, if account group is not set up, only the IB master account number (X) is entered as the account. Log in at IB is done with the account number and password for account X. In NT if I enter an order for quantity of 2. Will that be submitted to IB as a single order of 2 into the account X? If yes, NT is acting as if there is only one account, correct? If no, please explain how it will.

2. I have used the free version for long time for my charting. Every time I have considered it for live trading, what holds me back is "no trial". NT does not have a "Live NT" trial, paid or unpaid. The minimum I have to pay is for one quarter, $68 times 3 = more than $200. If after trying it for even a few days for real time order submission, I find that it does not work correctly for the Advisor account set up, I loose $200 for no good reason (you have no refund or even partial refund policy). So, NT owners should consider giving a trial period or partial refund or give a guarentee that NT will work with advisor accounts.

USERS OF NT: If any one is using it for multi account at IB, please tell me how it is working for you. Any quirks, special problems? Thanks.

1) Account allocation through TWS FA accounts is not supported in NinjaTrader at this time. In order to replicate orders set to one account to another, you would need to have these accounts separated and then set up in NinjaTrader account group feature.

2) Thank you for your feedback in this area. I have forwarded your comments off to our management to consider in the future.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I am not saying they need to be replicated. IN TWS, the order is placed as a single order of say quantity of 2. Would placing an order 2 in NT not be same thing? The rest is done by IB, NT would have nothing to do with the allocations. Is my understanding wrong?

The duplication method that you suggest, would work this way: In IB it would be just two accounts account A & B, no master account, no grouping at IB. Then in NT I would enter "group accounts" and include the A & B there. Now if an order is placed in NT for quantity of 1, it will be duplicated so each account will get 1. Right? In effect NT will be controlling the function of "grouping". Is my understanding correct?

Comment

We cannot support the allocation features at this time. It will send the order to the master account that was selected.

Yes, your understanding is correct in terms of the grouping.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Has anyone tried firing an order from NT into an IB Master Account?

Does IB accept the order?
          Does it apply the order to an allocation group (e.g. "All") or to a specific account, or what does it do?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
          4 responses
          1 like
          Last Post jgualdronc