Charting Historical Data - Blank Chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting Historical Data - Blank Chart?

I want to look at some historical charts that are showed in a book i have, uschf 5 minute on 4/24/2009. However, When i type 'end date' 4/24/2009, and # of days to be 1, and type in 5 minute time period, the chart comes up blank! Why?

I tried with the free kinetick end of day data and with a demo account of mbtrading, but both are blank.

How can i get this historical data?
    Thanks...

Hello Starry,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the support forum!

Did you initially try this on the MB Trading demo account? It may be that this account does not have access to the data and would return a blank chart.

In regards to testing this on Kinetick End of Day (Free) you will need to change to a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly chart in order to see the data. Minute charts will show no data on this connection.

Can you set the parameter for "Load data based on" to "CustomRange" and then set the start and end dates to 4/29/2009 and have this data appear on the chart?
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello!
      I figured that the platform just didnt have access to data that far back in time.

I tried your suggestion using free kinetick and it didnt work. I tried to display an hour chart, didnt work, and 5 minutes didnt work (for the date 4/24/2009).The only thing that worked is daily.

However, i also have a live account with tdameritrade, so i tried that connection, no success, only recent data can i see!

When i try to load 4/24/2009, there isnt even a 'loading data', it ijust appears blank. I really like ninjatrader how do i fix this?

Comment

Hello All,

I have been sending mails quite frequently to Ninja support but no one is able to assist me in getting started.

I use ESignal data feed and Iam trying to configure my data connection for displaying the futures data . But I keep getting blank data/chart.

I have been unsuccessful so far.

Awaiting quick response.

Comment

For now, im using imported bid data. I got free 1 minute data from here.
          Forex Tester is a software that simulates trading in the Forex market, so you can learn how to trade profitably, create, test and refine your strategy for manual and automatic trading.

Then, i used this python script to convert it to the correct format. And now it shows up! cool! of course pythong script doesnt show up well, no spaces etc, so it wont work simple copy paaste

file = 'C:/EURUSD.txt'
          file_out = 'C:/$EURUSD.Bid.txt'

with open(file_out,'w') as f:
          for line in open(file,'r'):
          split = line.split(',')
          new_line = split[1]+" "+split[2]+";"+split[3]+";"+split[4]+";"+split[5]+";"+split[6]+";"+split[7]
          f.write(new_line)

Comment

Hello kyaboltitu,

Thank you for your forum post.

Are you currently connected to eSignal within NinjaTrader? This will be displayed in green in the lower left hand corner of the Control Center. (Connected - eSignal)

• What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
            • What instrument have you selected? (Example: ES 03-13, AAPL, $EURUSD etc..)
            • (For a chart) what interval is selected? (Example: 1 minute, 4 range, 89 tick, 1 day etc..)
            • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Starry,

Thank you for the update and I am glad to hear you were able to import this data successfully.

See our help guide entry on importing data via the Historical Data Manager for more information:
            Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kyle,

As per your instruction iam initiating contact through mail in your response to my query posted in NT Forum your reply posted.

Iam having issues in fetching data from Esignal . I have established the connection as per the guidelines , but Iam unable to retrieve the symbols.

You can refer to the thread

I have also attached the e-Signal symbols for your reference. The symbols are NSE Equities and Futures in this thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse