Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Internet connectivity loss during Autotrading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet connectivity loss during Autotrading?

Hey Guys

Quick question. If I setup a box running Ninja Trader to autotrade, and for some reason internet goes down, how will NT and brokers handle it? I know some other platforms, if you lose internet for say 10 minute, it automatically logs you off and your strategy stops.

Does Ninja Trader auto log you off? Or is it software that automatically looks for internet, and will reconnect once internet is restored and continue the strategy?

Same question with brokers. If I have NT to run and send trades to something like Interactive Brokers, would their connection time out as well?

What I would like, is to not be monitoring the computer 24 hours/day, and if the internet goes down for a few minutes, I don't have to worry that my strategies weren't getting executed. If it will automatically reconnect and continue would give me peace of mind.

Of course I will monitor the computer, but just in case I'm not there at the moment something like that happens.

Thanks

Hello whirl,
    Welcome to the forum and I am happy to assist you.

How your strategy will behave during disconnection depends on how you have set up the "On Connection loss" settings from Tools>Options>Strategies tab>NinjaScript tab.

Please refer to our help guide to know more.

Yes, you will lose connection with IB too. However if your orders are in Accepted or Working state, then the orders will be still live and if price reaches your stop target then it will be filled. However the Once Cancels Other simulation may be simulated locally and in such scenario you have to call your broker and cancel the order order.

Please refer to this post which further discuss it
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks so much Joydeep. Yes you answered my question, and I'm glad that on the NT side, it should be taken care of.
      I know InteractiveBrokers is completely seperate, but based on what you have seen with them, do they offer somethign similar that will automatically try to reconnect?
      If not, do you know any other brokers that can auto reconnect that trade equities?
      thanks so much.

Comment

Hello whirl,
        You can sign up with any broker connected to CQG or ZenFire. It will automatically connect since the adapter is built in to it.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, hope this isn't a silly question, but how do I know which brokers use CGQ on Zenfire? I went to their website but it doesn't show which brokers use them. Also a lot of the brokers on the list seem to be for futures and forex. Which one of these also trade us equities?

thank you

Comment

Hello whirl,

To see which brokerage techonology support Equities Futures, and Forex you may view the following link.

As for the brokers who use CQG or Zen-Fire you may want to sent a note to Sales [at] NinjaTrader [dot] com and they will be able to help guide you in the right direction.
            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post kempotrader  
            Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes