X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait until flat

hi
    I am not completely sure of the effect of checking the box that says
    "wait until flat " in the strategy / ninjascript section under options.

I set up identical strategies, one with the box checked , and the other not checked.

One strategy immediately shows a position. I dont know if that position is a virtual position or real. When I check the position tab, it may not be there. But on the strategy tab, it shows -160 unrealized.

I have read the documentation and it appears to only list the different settings in ninja trader.
    It never offers an explanation for settings and what they mean.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me ?

Lets say an instrument has started to move up in price and I want to enable a strategy to get in on the move. Which setting would be best ?

shane

Hello shanemcdonald,

Thanks for writing in.

The Wait Until Flat option will cause your strategy to check that it is in a flat state before executing orders.

Using this in conjunction with the Sync account position option in the strategy parameters will cause your account position and strategy position to start flat.

Without the Sync account position enabled the strategy will not be synced with your account and instead the strategy will have a virtual position that may be different from your account position.

If you want to start a strategy to take advantage of a move the 'Immediately submit live working historical orders' option will cause the strategy to begin placing orders immediately.

Below is a link to the help guide that will explain how all of the options work.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._account_p.htm

As well, here is a link to the help guide that explains your strategy position vs your account position.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._account_p.htm
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post emuns
    by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM