MB Trading & ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Trading & ATM

For MB Trading accounts, a message pops up that reads "OCO orders and ATM strategies with stop and targets are not supported for equities". I am actually looking at an account with MB Trading for trading equities but wanted to get further clarification on this. From what I can tell, if I'm not mistaken, the order is just simulated on the computer and not actually placed in the broker, so if the computer goes down, the order won't be updated. My question is, does that mean that with MB, ATM orders for equities ultimately work and execute, but just aren't natively/fully supported by the broker? I want to make sure I understand this fully before going forward.

Thanks for any help!

Hello nickslad,

Thanks for writing in.

Unfortunately this is a limitation that has to do with the exit handling of a position.

For example, on long positions, you cannot submit an ExitLongLimit followed by an ExitLongStop as the second order will be rejected since MB Trading tags it as an order to reverse your position.

This will result in an error message and the ATM Strategy will not properly execute.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm glad I made sure to check on this - thank you for the clarification.

Comment

Does this apply to futures?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
        Hello nickslad,

Thanks for writing in.

Unfortunately this is a limitation that has to do with the exit handling of a position.

For example, on long positions, you cannot submit an ExitLongLimit followed by an ExitLongStop as the second order will be rejected since MB Trading tags it as an order to reverse your position.

This will result in an error message and the ATM Strategy will not properly execute.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
        It is my understanding that this only applies to equities. I am having my bracket orders rejected even though I am trading futures. I put in a support rquest, so far they can't figure out what's going on.

Comment

Hi,

Please follow up with me via the email that you and I already have going. .I've just replied there.

Thanks.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
          7 responses