news breakout robot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

news breakout robot?

I would like to catch the 1030am move in NG on Thursday's when it happens. I missed it today but got it last week for $575. I am doing it by hand right now and am just not fast enough.

I would like to know weather I need a strategy to to do this or a algorithm. I am not sure.

Could someone please point me in the right direction. This move happens every Thursday and I want to trade it. There was a NT partner who had one however they don't offer it anymore or at least I can't find it. I would rather just make my own if possible.

TIA

Power Broker

Hi Power Broker, I'm not aware of addon specifically covering this trade setup, but you would look into this creating a custom NinjaScript to recognize this setup and trade it for you - a good starting point would be our point and click interface Strategy Wizard -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Here is a link to the vid these guys did with NT on the algo I want to make. It's the part they demonstrate with news events.

Can I really make something like this with the strategy wizard? TIA

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Power Broker, setting the script up to take a trade at a certain time would be possible via the wizard, but if you're looking to bracket the market for example via OCO'ed entry orders then you would be looking at more custom coding outside of it. If the addon does already what you seek, why recreate it?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here's the thing. They do not offer it anymore. At least it is not on their website as such. What they do offer is is 8K. I'd rather eat broken glass and wash it down with gasoline then buy some junkware that costs 8 large. I can teach myself C++ or C# or whatever it takes.

If that algo REALLY DOES do what they say it can do it can be recreated I am sure. I just don't know how to do it right now. Hence the reason for this thread.

Comment

I thought of using a bracket order with some sort of trailing stop attached to it also. This move happens at lightening speed and you cannot make a mistake in any way. Doing by hand can get you FUBAR quickly.

Comment

I think a ATM strategy could work possibly for this if attached to a bracket order. I am not sure of the exact parameters to plug in to the strategy but it would go like this in English..LOL

entry on fill of the bracket OR marketed in. SL =8 Then when PA reaches 15 ticks in profit move SL to BE+1 and then at 18 ticks of profit have the SL move to where 15 was and then start trailing the PA for every 4 more ticks of profit the SL moves up 1 tick behind PA till stopped out OR position is manually closed.

Not sure if I stated this right but if someone can help out with some clear directions as to how to make this work with perhaps even a screen shot of the parameters entered into the strategy wizard I would be grateful. TIA

PB

Comment

ENTRY SIGNALS: AHEAD of the big moves

I have a study that generates a 2 min notification before ROBOTIC trades will engage.

Comment

Do you trade it live in real time with real money? If so how long have you been using it and how long was it back tested and forward tested? I do not trade the ES right now so I am not sure this will help. But thanks for the reply anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Power Broker View Post
                    Do you trade it live in real time with real money? If so how long have you been using it and how long was it back tested and forward tested? I do not trade the ES right now so I am not sure this will help. But thanks for the reply anyway.

The study is fractal and works on all time frames in any market I trade the /6e /TF / GC /CL only use real money, developed and perfected this study 3 years ago.

Comment

http://emini-tradesignals.com

96% Success Rate!

You have a 96% win rate?
                      You have a 96% win rate in 6E CL GC TF?

Post some charts in this thread then and lets see K.

Also post last years statement from your broker with all your account# info edited out. We don't need to see that. What I do need to see is what you started with 1-1-12 and what you ended up with on Dec 31st.

TIA
                      Last edited by Power Broker; 01-25-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

You or anyone can contact me at my website, I will arrange for a free live non simulated demonstration during market hours.
                        Thank you
                        Last edited by DesireeRSI; 01-29-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I'm good. Thanks for your reply.

Good luck in your trading.

PB

Comment

@ the NT guys

I plugged in some parameters here. Not sure if it's right can someone advise. TIA
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just to let you know the video that you were describing earlier is a simulated video.
                              Thank you trade well

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
                              19 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rene69851  
                              Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes