Problems with TT Adapter, Velocity Futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with TT Adapter, Velocity Futures

At Velocity Futures, TT is the only transactional data feed available for Ninja.

There does not seem to be any prospect of a 64 bit version, so with a 64 bit machine, I am stuck using the 32 bit version of Ninjatrader with all the compromises that entails.

Every morning at 4AM Eastern Time, TT disconnects and reconnects automatically. Lately I have been finding that if I have slept through this event, that the charts stopped at the time of the disconnect and did not restart, and that there is a gap in the historical data.

There is all kinds of bad behavior if I check the Connect Automatically box for the TT connection.The worst and most inexcusable one is that if the box is checked and I dare to start Ninjatrader during the weekend when TT is down, Ninjatrader gets stuck in a limbo state and will not display anything at all after the Splash disappears.(The only way I know of to get around this is to start Ninja with the computer disconnected from the internet, which causes other problems.).

The TT Adapter is a mess, long overdue for updating.
    Last edited by Ricam; 01-08-2013, 07:31 AM.

Hello Ricam,
    Thanks for your feedback.

What version (32 bit or 64 bit) of NinjaTrader you will use also depends on your connectivity provider. Unfortunately the NinjaTrader - TT connection supports 32 bit only.

TT does not provides historical data. Thus if you get disconnected you will witness data continuity scenario. As such we recommend subscribing to Kinetick, which is also the preferred data feed for NinjaTrader.

I will however forward your request for any enhancement in our TT adapter.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Time to ditch TT

Why does Ninjatrader crash whenever I set the TT Adapter to connect automatically on startup?

This pathetic relic needs to be re coded. Or else I need to switch to a different broker who does not use TT as the transactional connection.

Code:
      2013-02-05 18:24:33:560 (TT Data Feed) Cbi.ConnectionStatusEventArgs.Process: Connecting Connecting
      2013-02-05 18:24:34:671 in OnUnhandledApplicationException
      2013-02-05 18:24:34:695 in OnUnhandledApplicationException
      2013-02-05 18:24:34:702 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
      2013-02-05 18:24:34:702 External component has thrown an exception.
      2013-02-05 18:24:34:702 System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
         at QuickFix.CPPMessageStore.reset()
         at MessageStore.reset(MessageStore* )
      2013-02-05 18:24:34:702 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
      2013-02-05 18:24:34:702 External component has thrown an exception.
      2013-02-05 18:24:34:702 System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
         at QuickFix.CPPMessageStore.reset()
         at MessageStore.reset(MessageStore* )

Comment

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

Please contact me by email (Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com). In your message, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The trace file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I'll need a copy of the 'trace.20130205.txt file please.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses