strategy relation to ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy relation to ATM

I'm entering trades manually on the DOM with an ATM strategy. I want to close the trade automatically if certain conditions occur, so I wrote a strategy like the following;

if(Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Long && Bars.PercentComplete >= 0.67
    && 'the rest of my criteria')ExitLong();

This however does not close the position. Is this because the position was not opened with the strategy or do I need additional coding to indicate the position was opened with the DOM?

Thanks,

Safetrading

safetrading, the issue here is that the strategy was never long coming from historical data to begin with, as such the rule to send an ExitLong market order never triggered.

What you would need to do is execute a historical long entry with the strategy code, so that it would be having the position to exit from when you enable it after the manual trade is running.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, but I don't understand what it means to "execute a historical long entry", are there any code examples you could point me to?

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately I would not have a code example, but the idea is this - you would need to ensure the strategy position is long coming from historical data, so you could pick up the long exit > otherwise if strategy was flat it would be ignored. So you would for example execute it on the prior day on a bar close to your manual entry time, this could be code for as user input so you set the time you entered via the discretionary trade. Another option would be issuing a fresh Short signal if the strategy is flat and your exit criteria are met, this way you don't have to rely on picking up a historical position, but would execute the short which would take your account long flat.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response, it gives me a direction to work on it.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          172 responses
          0 likes