connecting to TWS issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connecting to TWS issue

I tried to connect NT7 with IB TWS from another computer and got connected, but even if I shut down TWS, NT7 in another computer is still showing connected with green color in status unchanged without any warning. Is there any setting issue which caused this problem?
    Last edited by futuretrader8; 12-29-2012, 07:24 PM.

You can only have one login, with IB example you are logged on your PC then you can not log in with your smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by Bakstenen View Post
      You can only have one login, with IB example you are logged on your PC then you can not log in with your smartphone
      by setting different client ID, i can connect more than one NT7 with TWS at same time.

Comment

I wanted this year through my smartphone inserting an order and got no connection, while two years ago it was when I was told that you only 1 PC / smartphone can be connected tws, but otherwise mail for security IB

Comment

Originally posted by Bakstenen View Post
          I wanted this year through my smartphone inserting an order and got no connection, while two years ago it was when I was told that you only 1 PC / smartphone can be connected tws, but otherwise mail for security IB
          you are talking about logging in more than one instance of TWS, while here is issue with one or more NT7 connecting to one TWS.
          Last edited by futuretrader8; 12-30-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Something I've learned. I use Multicharts on two separate pc's. I tried having tws on 1 pc logged in with my trading account and tws logged in on the other pc with the sim account. Note: separate udp ports were used. Somehow they interacted with each other and refused to work. I then found that you can run two tws on one pc, one with real account one with sim account. Perfect . Again separate ports. Now either pc can use either or both connections at once. It would be nice to be able to use the mobile …

I think we're talking about two things, here is perhaps the solution

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
            44 responses
            3 likes
            Last Post jhudas88  
            Started by rbeckmann05, Today, 06:48 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rbeckmann05