Selecting different time frame issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting different time frame issues

I am having issues selecting different time frames. I work with 5,15, 60 minute, and daily time frames. The instrument is the S&P emini and I load 26 weeks of data based on 5 minute periods.

The data for the chart loads fine on start up. I only use one chart and select different time frames to scale out for a bigger picture. I apply trend lines to all time frames.

When changing from different frames the data becomes skewed. For example, I open in the 5 minute frame, I switch to daily for a look, switch to 60 minute for a look, then back to the 5 minute frame. After switching frames several times the data on all time frames is reduced. Its most noticeable on the daily and 60 minute frames, instead of 26 weeks of data the daily may show only 3 weeks, same true for the hourly frame. I can close Ninja and restart and the data reloads fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

PS: I do not want to set up different charts for different time frames because the trend lines do not carry over from chart to chart. Now, if they did that would be great.

Thanks for looking.
    Frank
    Last edited by Jonafare; 12-16-2012, 12:24 PM.

Well, after posting I found that you can link trend lines to different time frames. So problem solved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes