Trendlines & Multiple Timeframes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trendlines & Multiple Timeframes

When I draw a trendline on a 1440-minute chart or a 5-minute chart it will not display in the correct location on a 1-minute chart. I've tried everything. Auto-scale on/off, snap mode on/off, lock, changed both charts to 60 days of data, played around with the anchor points, etc, etc, etc.

Is there a way to fix this?

If I draw a trendline on one chart that passes thru 50 & 60 for example, I would expect to look at a smaller timeframe chart & see that same trendline passing thru 50 & 60. Otherwise why does the trendline have the option to "apply to all charts"?

Thanks.

Originally posted by MacAttack View Post
    When I draw a trendline on a 1440-minute chart or a 5-minute chart it will not display in the correct location on a 1-minute chart. I've tried everything. Auto-scale on/off, snap mode on/off, lock, changed both charts to 60 days of data, played around with the anchor points, etc, etc, etc.

Is there a way to fix this?

If I draw a trendline on one chart that passes thru 50 & 60 for example, I would expect to look at a smaller timeframe chart & see that same trendline passing thru 50 & 60. Otherwise why does the trendline have the option to "apply to all charts"?

Thanks.
    I remember this post here:

It might apply to your situation.

Comment

I've tried everything mentioned in that thread. Still doesn't work.
      I'll create a trendline touching 2 or 3 points on a chart, and choose the option to apply to all charts.
      Then when I look at a smaller timeframe chart the trendline no longer touches those price points.
      Driving me crazy. Both are minute-based, same # of days in history, both 24/7.

Forgot to ask....................does it work ok for you?
      Last edited by MacAttack; 12-15-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

After some more experimenting it has to do with the "Start Time" if you click on the properties of the trendline. The start time is what's causing the problem I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by MacAttack View Post
          I've tried everything mentioned in that thread. Still doesn't work.
          I'll create a trendline touching 2 or 3 points on a chart, and choose the option to apply to all charts.
          Then when I look at a smaller timeframe chart the trendline no longer touches those price points.
          Driving me crazy. Both are minute-based, same # of days in history, both 24/7.

Forgot to ask....................does it work ok for you?
          I don't deal with that situation ... freestockcharts.com in silverlight also has issues with multiple time frames.. 2/4 hours charts to 2/3/x day charts are pretty bad.

Well, it sounds like you might have solved the issue in your latest post.

Maybe you can create new charts with your issues, with only the trend lines in question, and post some pictures of the issues and what you did to resolve it.. should help out other people.

Comment

I didn't solve it unfortunately. Just noticed the start time was messed up. I don't have any way of fixing it though even though I tried everything I could think of.

Comment

Hello,

Please provide me with an image showing the line as placed on the five minute chart and that same area of the 1 minute chart.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
              For detailed instructions please visit the following link
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Option Whisperer  
              Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
              8 responses