OpenTick Problems (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenTick Problems (again)

I just received the following NT error message while trying to populate my charts this morning:

"Error on loading chart data for "ES 03-08 Globex":The provider could not determine the Object value. For example, the row was just created, the default for the Oblect column was not available, and the consumer had not yet set a new Object value."

All the recent historical data on the open tick servers for ES and $TICK appears to be missing.

Anyone else having problems this morning? What does this error message mean?

Thanks in advance.

- the error you posted is not an OT problem. Please try Tools->Options->Misc->Repair DB to see if it could be resolved
    - on the missing ES and $TICK data: please try Tools->Options->Misc->Reset instruments (NT6.5). If issues persists: you would need to contact OT support

Comment

Thanks Dierk - that solved the problem.

Comment

opentick missed trades

i working with open e cry and opentick together and my net volume is not the same

opentick have low net volume from open e cry

maby someone see that too?

Comment

Open Tick Data??

Hello

New member to this forum. Set up NT approx a week ago and connected to OT as a data feed for back testing stratigies. Started backtesting simple indicators against various futures contracts. Very hit or miss as to apparent ability to run the test. Was able to run testing on NQ, ES, ZG, YM, ZS, ZC, and ZW. However, nearly everything else would result in a momentary pause and then a result screen with no data or, the error message highlighted below in red. A few days later, I lost ZG but gained ZI.

Yesterday morning I was running back tests in a matter of seconds each. However, from mid day yesterday (Noon Sat) until now (1100am Sunday), I can run no back tests. Historical charts will come up, but no backtesting. I'll receive an action box indicating "retrieving data" and it will sit there for an hour if I let it.

I know this is alot for one post but hoping for directions/feedback on the access to this OT data problem. Do these problems appear to be related to OT, NT or something I'm doing as an operator?? Also, any suggestions to other affordable and NT compatable data feeds, would be appreciated.

Thx to any/all for your time.

JLT

Originally posted by ClayB1 View Post
          I just received the following NT error message while trying to populate my charts this morning:

"Error on loading chart data for "ES 03-08 Globex":The provider could not determine the Object value. For example, the row was just created, the default for the Oblect column was not available, and the consumer had not yet set a new Object value."

All the recent historical data on the open tick servers for ES and $TICK appears to be missing.

Anyone else having problems this morning? What does this error message mean?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi JLTAZ,

OpenTick can be slow at times which is why there is that notification when you added the connection to NinjaTrader. Here is a list of other data providers we offer: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

One thing you can do is download the data that you want to work with (just open a chart for the range you want. Then disconnect from the feed and run your backtests offline.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OpenTick did server maintenance on Sat and Sun (Feb 9th and 10th). It looks like , at this time, that they have not brought their historical servers back on-line. Can not comment about their real time servers.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this with the community. Very much appreciated!!
                  Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well it seems that OT is having major problems:http://www.opentick.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3027

As far as I can tell their historical severs are still down this morning. Can not comment as to their RT servers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888
                    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view