Blank Chart with Simulated Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Chart with Simulated Data

I can't get anything to show on the chart even though the platform indicates that i'm connected to the simulator and i see changes in prices on the orders window. What am i missing?

Hello,

The Simulated Data Feed will populate data in real time but will not generate historical data. You will need to first connect to a data feed to populate your charts, and then disconnect, followed by reconnecting to the Sim data feed in order to begin generating fictional data.

Additionally, ensure your chart template is set to a time in which trading will occur. Because this is the weekend, you would want to use a template such as default 24/7 to ensure trading occurs in the simulated environment.

Right click the chart -> Data Series... -> Locate session template in the right column, change to default 24/7

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

New NT7 user here. I've searched all over this forum & user guide and can't find an answer to my problem. I've done the described above & while I can change the "trend" to up or down and watch the price move accordingly in the Control Center, my chart is stuck on the closing price of this price Friday? I have followed the above steps 3X now to make sure I'm doing it correctly & it's always the same. Help please.

Comment

Hello,

What instrument are you using?

What session template?

What period is the chart set to?

Comment

Using ES. I've set the session template to 24/7. I've tried 15 min & daily.

Comment

What is the expiry you are using?

ES 06-13 is the current.

Does it show that you are connected to the simulated data feed in the bottom left of the control center (in Green)?

Please follow the instructions below to rollover the expiration date of a futures contracts if needed.

From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
            Highlight the contract you wish to rollover in the left side of the Instrument Manager window
            Press the ">" button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
            Press the "<" button and the instrument should re-appear with the front month expiration date

Please provide me with an image of your chart.
            To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
            For detailed instructions please visit the following link

* http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post 00nevest