CQG connection status off and on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG connection status off and on

the status has been going red then returning to green several times thru this
    past evening/night/morning.

disconnected at 4:45am PST, re-started at 4:55 and currently gone to red for
    second time and not recovered to green 5:05

what's going on ?

Having same issue this morning as well. Also had this problem yesterday and called CQG several times. Not clear as to how many servers there are or where they are located but apparently there is more than one server providing price and data. CQG says they are not experiencing problems.

I recently saw a suggestion post requesting the contol panel have the option to pin 'always on top' and the reposnse that it would be taken into consideration. Searched for it but couldn't find it to add, this is another reason for it to be able to be pinned on top, to be able to monitor the connection.
    Last edited by florida99; 12-06-2012, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Hello tradr and florida99,

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:

•ISP issues
      •Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
      •Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
      •Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jason. Are you able to describe how many servers are involved and where are they? (AMP/CQG or NT) I've read in a post that historical data is provided by NT. I also see in the log that a historical data connection is made to 208.48.16.130 Ninjatrader Historical Server. Is that a continuous connection or only when historical data is called? I also see on the NT historical connection "an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" in the log. Would that cause the problem we're describing?

I also see Global Live Primary connection=connected, Price Feed = connected and then connection lost entries

Apparently yesterday a price server was acting up. But first they wanted a tracert on the NT Historical Server before anything. Besides price and historical data what else, if anything, is provided by different servers? Only so we know what we're asking CQG for. (in talking to them yesterday, they said price server. Called tech support this am and they said huh? price server?)

BTW, I also have a IQ Feed and Scotrade connection running at the same time with no issues.
        Last edited by florida99; 12-06-2012, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Yes, historical data is loaded from our historical data server.

CQG Connection IP/Port:

IP = 208.48.16.130
          port = 31654

Data is loaded when historical data is requested such as when you create a new chart or reloading historical data. Please see the link below under 'When does NinjaTrader load historical data?' for clarification how NinjaTrader loads data.

A different server is used for real-time data and account connectivity - being able to select your live account in NinjaTrader and trade it. I suspect seperate servers are used for real-time data and account connectivity, however I am not sure. I suggest to clarify with your broker/CQG.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM