X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick Info required please

Hi,

A few Kinetick data questions.

With the $50 base package it says data is delayed 10mins, but you do get historical tick. Does that mean i'll have the tick by tick happening in front of me with each tick 10mins late, or will it be 10min snapshots? If snapshots will they contain tick by tick granularity, or is it only in historical meaning upto yesterday has tick granularity for free?

The historical data is every stock/future/pair in all the listed exchanges available to kinetick?

Is there a miminum subscription period?

Cheers

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The delayed data is between 10 to 20 minutes. All futures are 10 minutes if you do not have real-time, Equities are 15, and the CBOE Indexes (SPX.XO, VIX.XO, etc...) are 20 minutes.

After this point you will receive tick by tick within NinjaTrader.

Correct historical data will be available for all instruments supported by Kinetick.

Kinetick is billed monthly, in advance, so you will only be committed to one month at any time and you can cancel at any time.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wow. I'm surprised by this. I too am cosidering the $50 subcription but thought that was "live" tick level feed - NOT delayed.

What is the cost of the live feed then?

Thanks.

Comment

The $50 gets you real time data.

Comment

There are fees to be paid to the exchanges you want realtime feeds for.

You'll find this by clicking on the link that says exchange fees and has an asterix next to it, just like the $50/mo*

Exchange fees

Click on purchase and see what it says about basic service and upgrades. https://www.kinetick.com/purchase

Comment

I was thinking of the CME waiver. "By using the Kinetick streaming real time quotes service through the NinjaTrader trading platform you can eliminate as much as $304 per month on CME Group Globex exchange fees through the CME data fee waiver program"

Comment

Yeah ok fair enough, but then NT7 costs in live mode, and how much do these brokers want in an account? And how many round turns? If you're not ready to get stuck in it could end up costing more than the waiver saves.

Berry...if you want to do some strategy testing on tick data and not mess around with downloading an script editing csv files (which i did for a couple of weeks) then you can get started on simulated NT7, and kinetick basic service. It's not realtime data, but it is intraday(Years depending), and tick (120days?)

If you are ready to get cracking with your dosh, and are happy with what one of the partner brokers is offering then they'll waive some exchange fees and you'll have realtime.

Cheers

I'm just backtesting at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiemike View Post
                Yeah ok fair enough, but then NT7 costs in live mode, and how much do these brokers want in an account? And how many round turns? If you're not ready to get stuck in it could end up costing more than the waiver saves.

Berry...if you want to do some strategy testing on tick data and not mess around with downloading an script editing csv files (which i did for a couple of weeks) then you can get started on simulated NT7, and kinetick basic service. It's not realtime data, but it is intraday(Years depending), and tick (120days?)

If you are ready to get cracking with your dosh, and are happy with what one of the partner brokers is offering then they'll waive some exchange fees and you'll have realtime.

Cheers

I'm just backtesting at the moment.
                Hi AussieMike,

Thanks for your reply.

Would love to do some testing with tick data but deff not ready to splash out dosh.

How can i get the "Kinetick basic service" albeit intraday - would be great to test out some strategies.

Would appreciate any tips / guidance on the data feed.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by dougjc View Post
                  The $50 gets you real time data.
                  So the original post was incorrect (when he says $50 feed is delayed feed) ?

Also, it appears the NT support staff confirmed that there is a delay - confused...

Comment

WIth the $50 Basic Service this will give you real time data for over 500 Market Metrics however for instruments traded on an exchange such as Nasdaq, CME, CBOT, etc. you would be required to subscribe to that Exchange for real time data.

Comment

Hi,

can you point me to a link that describes all the instruments included in the $50 live feed please?

Thx

Comment

I have provided a link below that goes over all Market Metrics that are included with the Basic Kinetick Service:

http://www.kinetick.com/market-metrics

Comment

Christopher,

I've bought the basic now, and am downloading data for historical tests. When i did backtesting as a trial run it seemed it would download the data first anyway...is this right? Presumable then that would slow down backtesting in the cases where data is required for the first time.

I have some questions on the downloading. If i previously had data imported via .txt files will downloading that instrument and period overwrite it, or do i need to delete it then load it?

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                          14 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post aligator  
                          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes