Indicator Box Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Box Problem

I have an interesting an unusual small problem. I have multiple monitors and use NT with several charts open within a workspace. When 'Indicators' is opened on one of the charts, (it only occurs on one chart of the workspace, in the same monitor position each time) the Indicator box functions normally but when the cursor, an arrowhead, is outside of the white areas (Indicator list or Indicators applied to the chart or Parameters, etc and is in the border area above or below near the 'OK, 'Apply', 'Close" buttons, the cursor acts differently than when it's on one of the other charts. It switches to the "Size" double arrow and if clicked in the Indicator border area, it only resizes the indicator box, it doesn't move it. Right clicking in the border and selecting "Move" allows the Indicator box to be moved.

The problem is unrelated to the Instrument or Chart Period of the chart in that monitor position. In other words, choosing a different instrument on the chart or a different time period, the problem remains.

Moving that chart to a diffent monitor position and there is no indicator box 'move' problem, clicking the border area moves the Indicator box. Moving a different chart into the monitor position that experiences the problem and the chart displays the same problem.
    Last edited by florida99; 12-01-2012, 08:25 PM.

Originally posted by florida99 View Post
    I have an interesting an unusual small problem. I have multiple monitors and use NT with several charts open within a workspace. When 'Indicators' is opened on one of the charts, (it only occurs on one chart of the workspace, in the same monitor position each time) the Indicator box functions normally but when the cursor, an arrowhead, is outside of the white areas (Indicator list or Indicators applied to the chart or Parameters, etc and is in the border area above or below near the 'OK, 'Apply', 'Close" buttons, the cursor acts differently than when it's on one of the other charts. It switches to the "Size" double arrow and if clicked in the Indicator border area, it only resizes the indicator box, it doesn't move it. Right clicking in the border and selecting "Move" allows the Indicator box to be moved.

The problem is unrelated to the Instrument or Chart Period of the chart in that monitor position. In other words, choosing a different instrument on the chart or a different time period, the problem remains.

Moving that chart to a diffent monitor position and there is no indicator box 'move' problem, clicking the border area moves the Indicator box. Moving a different chart into the monitor position that experiences the problem and the chart displays the same problem.
    Sounds like a display driver issue. Are you using the most current display drivers for your video card?

Comment

Hello NT Support, any thoughts on this? It's not the driver as kogonam suggested. The driver is the latest and also tried rolling back 3 drivers as well.

FYI, this was posted 3 days ago. I notice that when someone other than NT support responds, the question goes unanswered by NT support. This isn't the first time that's happened. Any reason? Thanks

Last edited by florida99; 12-04-2012, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Hello,

If not a driver issue it could be hardware as well. Do you have a backup monitor you can test this on?

If not please send mail to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the subject line: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=54263
        Please provide
        • A phone number where you can be reached
        • A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone)

Originally posted by florida99 View Post
        FYI, this was posted 3 days ago. I notice that when someone other than NT support responds, the question goes unanswered by NT support. This isn't the first time that's happened. Any reason? Thanks
        This may be done if the NinjaTrader rep. reviewing the post feels the users response was good enough to merit a response from the questioning user.

If you ever feel a forum post was left unanswered simply post another reply in that thread.

I look forward to assisting you further.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Lance; 12-04-2012, 04:56 PM.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your response Lance. Tried a dfifferent monitor in the same position, same problem. That monitor position has the desktop extended on to it but was not the main display. Tried making that position the main display and the problem went away. Looked at the other monitor positions and all were ok. After restoring the main display, problem returned.

Any guess as to what you think the problem is?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by florida99; 12-04-2012, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Hello,

What Graphics card are you running?

I look forward to assisting you further.
            LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 440

Comment

Which drivers did you try updating/rolling back? Are you using the ODE drivers, or did you try any of the Performance/Partner drivers?
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes