Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a simple way to set price alerts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a simple way to set price alerts?

Hi there. I've been using Ninjatrader 7 for the past few months and I'm generally very pleased with it. However, I feel there are a few areas where performing very simple/standard trading tasks is overly complicated. That is unless I'm missing something.

I'd like to be able to set a simple price alert for stocks I'm watching. For example, when SPY hits $141, I'd like something to pop up letting me know that it happened. I've followed the instructions on this site and went through "columns", "last price" etc, etc, etc.... It works but I'm convinced I'm doing this the hard way because I can't imagine active traders are going through step after step, screen after screen to accomplish what usually takes 1 or 2 clicks on other platforms.

I'd really like to be able to right click on my chart, click "set alert here" and have it be done (or something like that). I've seen different 3rd party indicators that allow this but they all require that I stay on that chart for it to work. The whole point of setting the alert (for me) is so I can move on to look at other charts while I wait for prices to hit. Even if it can't be this simple, I'd like to just tell it the stock, tell it the price and be done. I need to be able to set the alert quickly and then move on.

Please tell me I'm missing something here. NT7 is a great platform, but if it makes my job more difficult than it was before I'll (unfortunately) have to look at other options.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

You can use the PriceAlert indicator, but it does require the chart is open such as you see with the 3rd parties.. There must be a data stream in order for NinjaTrader to detect that price has reached your alert level.

Otherwise you would need to set the alerts in the Market Analyzer, but the alert will be true for each instrument listed in the last price column.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

So the quickest way I can set an alert for a stock on my MA list is to right click, select "columns", click last price, alert conditions, click the button, click new, then set the value? Is there any way I can streamline this? It just seems like a lot of steps for a pretty basic task that I need to perform many times throughout the day. Thanks again.

Comment

Hello,

At this time, these steps will be required to add an alert.

Thank you for providing your feedback as we continually strive to improve upon NinjaTrader's features.

We value your opinions and they will be considered in our feature discussion for a future NinjaTrader release. Your input has been entered into our tracking system and assigned ID # 2111

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Hello,

At this time, these steps will be required to add an alert.

Thank you for providing your feedback as we continually strive to improve upon NinjaTrader's features.

We value your opinions and they will be considered in our feature discussion for a future NinjaTrader release. Your input has been entered into our tracking system and assigned ID # 2111
          Thanks, and I understand this is a limitation... just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. And just to make sure I've been clear... all I'm looking for is a way to enter a stock, enter a price, and then when that price is crossed a little box pops up telling me that it happened, whether or not I'm looking at that specific chart at the time.

Comment

alerts for one instrument?

I too would love a simpler alert system. I have a number of stocks, etc. in my market analyzer and if I choose to make an alert based on a cell condition, it does it for ALL the stocks in that analyzer. Any way to do just a single alert for a single instrument?

Comment

Hello,

Not at this time. The alerts will be evaluated for all instruments in the grid.

I'll add your post as a vote in to enhance this area.

Comment

if I am from chicago, do i get to vote twice?!?

Comment

Sure, I'll count it.

Comment

Originally posted by mk0101 View Post
                    if I am from chicago, do i get to vote twice?!?
                    Come on !! Only twice? Twice? Please stop giving Chicago a bad name.

Comment

Yes, I need that also. To many steps for a simple price alert.

Comment

i need too this kind of alert...

i have more than 20 stocks on my portfolio with a big turn over, i would like to set alerts on individual stocks price directly within the Market Analyser...

i think we are a lot of people waiting for this fonction...

Thx

Comment

+1 for this feature. in a perfect world, it would also send a text to my phone!

Comment

Please add my vote too.

One MarketAnalyzer per symbol is the only way I can think of to get price alerts w/o possibly getting false alerts.
                            Can someone knowledgeable tell me if this is too resourse intensive to use for (say) 20+ symbols?

I use NT along with two broker platforms (TOS & TWS) and just now realized that NT lacks this basic functionality.

Comment

I agree, the alert system on this platform are lacking at best. Need to have horizontal price alerts too. They do not exist on this platform. Need a fix for this asap!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes