Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to set NT to GMT?

Howdy.

I have some simple scripts I want to write for some currencies, but I would like to get the timezone to line up in a certain way. And that is to get it to be GMT time, exactly the same way it displays in MT4 for example.

I can get it to switch to that time for example, but the session breaks don't line up the way they should, which is effecting my data.

Also, using say the print command, I can use for example, "Time[0].ToUniversalTime()" It will convert to the proper GMT time, so that I can export to excel for example.

But I'd like to do some things in NT, and have the GMT time displayed on the chart. Is this possible?
    Last edited by forrestang; 11-25-2012, 11:50 PM.

forrestang, what you could do is switching the PC to your desired time zone and then downloading a complete fresh set of data in NT and rebuilding your local cache used for the sessions.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      forrestang, what you could do is switching the PC to your desired time zone and then downloading a complete fresh set of data in NT and rebuilding your local cache used for the sessions.
      Ah yes, I was aware of that as a possibility. But I'd really like to be able to avoid doing that. I'd just like to have data displayed a certain way. Is that the only way?

Comment

Originally posted by forrestang View Post
        Ah yes, I was aware of that as a possibility. But I'd really like to be able to avoid doing that. I'd just like to have data displayed a certain way. Is that the only way?
        That would be the only option to display the chart's display time to GMT. We have more options here on our feedback list in product management, I've added your vote in here as well.

Comment

That would be the only option to display the chart's display time to GMT. We have more options here on our feedback list in product management, I've added your vote in here as well.
          K thanks. I remember that being the only way to display various timezones before. I hope in an upcoming release you guys can add that functionality, as I think it could be useful for some people.

Can you link me to the list for future functionality that you speak of? Thanks.

Comment

forrestang, unfortunately this would not be a public list I could link you to.

Comment

One more question.... just to be sure.....

Is there a way to have the session breaks line up so that the GMT time scale is reflected? And, by that I mean I don't really care what the clock time is on the x-scale, but I would just like the sessions breaks to line up, so that I can collect data in the GMT timeframe.

So I'm Central Standard Time, US..... so GMT is 6 hours ahead of me..... I don't really care what the time scale says, cause I can just pay attention to the different listed hours.....

But is this possible?

Comment

forrestang, for that you could define a custom session template (Tools > Session Manager) that would run in GMT time, which means you define your desired session begin/end times in this time zone, which would then be converted to your local PC time zone and clock by NT when applied to your chart.

Comment

forrestang, for that you could define a custom session template (Tools > Session Manager) that would run in GMT time, which means you define your desired session begin/end times in this time zone, which would then be converted to your local PC time zone and clock by NT when applied to your chart.
                  Ah ok thanks, I see where I went wrong. When I was creating a session template before, I was changing the time zone. Also, while scrolling my cursor forward, I was looking at the date, and seeing MY TIMEZONE still thinking it had not switched sessions.

So looks like if I want to report results in GMT format, I'll just use "Time[0].ToUniversalTime()"

But I got it, thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have another question. I have some issues with data, as I am gathering weekly statistics. But also I am keeping track at the end of the session. Some of this is not getting picked up, as the data in NT does not seem to compensate for the hour daylight savings change.

Is there a way to remove this, or at least get it fixed someway without the hour change?

Comment

Disregard please^^^

I found a solution.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post AaronKoRn  
                      Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM