Exchange "Traded on"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchange "Traded on"

I'm trying to import a list of Instruments traded on different Exchanges into Market Analyzer!

I'm totally frustrated at how difficult it is to do what should be simple tasks within NT!!

I have the Import Stock Symbols window but it wants to link all the instruments to one Exchange "Traded on". I want it to be the default to whatever the instrument is associated to in Instrument Manager.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karado58; 11-19-2012, 01:48 PM.

Hello Karado58,

Thank you for your post.

Importing a list of stocks into NinjaTrader is a different function then what you are looking for. The Import Stock Symbol List function only imports the symbols into NinjaTrader (with the same exchange as you know).

However, to create a lists of instruments that you want to use in the Market Analyzer you will want to create a custom instrument list in the Instrument Manager. For information on instrument lists in the Instrument Manager please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ment_lists.htm
    For a video on the instrument lists please visit the following link: http://youtu.be/KVnjIhpL4Sk

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

You mentioned I could import a .CSV file into Market Analyzer?!
      Please tell me just how to do that?

I just want to import an instrument list via a text or .csv file!!

Simple yes or no, is this possible?

Even simpler then that, all I want is a Watchlist, simple watchlist to put all my commonly traded instruments.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Karado58,

Thank you for your post.

Importing a list of stocks into NinjaTrader is a different function then what you are looking for. The Import Stock Symbol List function only imports the symbols into NinjaTrader (with the same exchange as you know).

However, to create a lists of instruments that you want to use in the Market Analyzer you will want to create a custom instrument list in the Instrument Manager. For information on instrument lists in the Instrument Manager please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ment_lists.htm
      For a video on the instrument lists please visit the following link: http://youtu.be/KVnjIhpL4Sk

Last edited by Karado58; 11-19-2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Hello Karado58,

Thank you for your response.

No, you cannot import a .CSV file into the Market Analyzer for stocks.

Comment

Hello Karado58,

No, you cannot import a .CSV file into the Market Analyzer for stocks.
          Thank you, that was all I wanted to know!!

Can you import any list of instruments into Market Analyzer??

Comment

Hello Karado58,

To import a list of stocks, create an Instrument List in the Instrument Manager > then right click in your Market Analyzer > select Add Instrument List > select your instrument list.

Comment

We are going in circles here....

So there is no way to import any instrument list into watchlist/market analyzer?!
              Each individual instrument must be added into a newly created "list" and added individually via the instrument panel on the right??

Correct??

Hello Karado58,

To import a list of stocks, create an Instrument List in the Instrument Manager > then right click in your Market Analyzer > select Add Instrument List > select your instrument list.

Comment

Hello Karado58,

You are correct.

Comment

If I do it this way, then we are back to my original issue, all instruments must be on the same exchange?!

Hello Karado58,

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Karado,

Using Import Stock Symbol List will import stocks into the Instrument Manager, and yes you must import stocks that are on the same exchange.

You can then go to the Instrument Manager and add them to an instrument list and then add the instrument list to your Market analyzer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

1. There should be a "default" exchange option when doing a import stock symbol list. As it stands now, you can only import a list of instruments traded on the same exchange!!

I now must enter each of the 100+ instruments manually into market analyzer! This is not very practical, Patrick, don't you think?!

If I hadn't paid for a multi broker lifetime license this would not be an issue for me, BUT I'm committed now!!

These and many other "basic" options/functions where left out of NT.

Nothing personal with any of the fine tech people here answering endless amounts of questions without getting pissed off at frustrated individuals like me!!

Hello Karado,

Using Import Stock Symbol List will import stocks into the Instrument Manager, and yes you must import stocks that are on the same exchange.

You can then go to the Instrument Manager and add them to an instrument list and then add the instrument list to your Market analyzer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                      Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly