Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have problem loading some stock symbols

Hi,
    This is the first time I try to load some stock symbols. I first connect to Kinetic EOD. Then I go to instrument manager. If I search for stocks like BAC or GOOG, it will find it. However I put in MBI and AGO, and it couldn't find it. These two stocks are some mid cap stocks on the NYSE, so I am not sure why it couldn't find it?

Thanks,

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add Equities in the Instrument Manager.
    • Open a new chart of AAPL
    • Left mouse click within the chart
    • Type the symbol such as AGO
    • Hit 'Enter'
    • Type the next symobl
    • Hit 'Enter', etc.
    This process will add the instruments to the Instrument Manager.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am confused. Nothing happens after I left click inside the chart.
      Also in your instrument manager panel, I am curious why the search couldn't even find AGO?

Comment

After you left click begin typing the symbol such as AGO whcih will pop a Data Series window hit 'Enter'. The left click is only to select the chart you want to change the instrument within.

AGO is not setup by default within NinjaTrader therefore is it not listed within the Instrument Manger.

Comment

Ok. Now I get the chart loaded for AGO. However I still don't see it in the instrument manager. What can I do now?

Comment

After the chart is loaded this should be added automatically. Please go back to Tools-->Instrument Manager-->Name: AGO-->Search.

Comment

Nope. I still don't see it there.

Comment

Hello zehua,

You may view the following video demonstration that goes over how to add stock symbols inside of NinjaTrader.
                http://screencast.com/t/sYAeaHxMl7

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
                JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did all of that, but the instrument manager still doesn't show MBI. Please see my attachment.Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	866362

Comment

zehua, to which broker are you connected? Same if you're trying in disconnected state for your custom stock symbol then?

Thanks,
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello zehua,

Unfortunately, the MBI is not listed by default in NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
                      • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                      • Press the "New" button
                      • Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                      • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
                      • Press the "OK" button
                      The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
                      • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                      • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                      • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                      • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
                      You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it. Thanks!

Comment

Symbol no longer brings up chart

Up to Yesterday I could pull up charts with the symbol MTENY. As of today it does not load. No matter what I try. Wheat happened. If it was working for over 2 years with no glight why the problem now. What can i Do. Experienced similar problems with other small cap stocks but was able to resolve them but cannot fix the problem with MTENY.

Previously I had it under default and NYSE and it worked, now even though i have changed exchanges to OTC, or nasdaq, even tried AMEX it does not work.

Comment

Can you tell me what data provider you are connected to so I may further assist.

Comment

Cannot load any OTC stocks

There are several stocks that would load easily for me with no problem. As of today I cannot load any of them. For example MTENY or MWSNF. Neither will load and it says
                              MTENY defaut invalid symbol MTENY trading on. If I change to OTC or Nasdaq. I still get the same message.

This is only happening with OTC stocks. I use yahoo and Google to connect

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post burtoninlondon  
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn