Using one ATM for three orders:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using one ATM for three orders:

I utilize 3 possible entries on one chart. The strategies will be the same if triggered....i.e stops/targets. But they will run independently of each other. My question is can I use one ATM strategy for all the 3 orders (these will be stop-limit orders to trigger). Last time I tried that, NT did not allow one ATM at two/three different stop-limit areas, so I had to make a duplicate ATM(s) with exact same parameters.

Just wanting to avoid redundancy and have one ATM.

Hello Stok,

Yes, this is possible. You can use 'Display Selected ATM Strategy Only' for 'ATM strategy selection mode' and subsequently use a chart (with ChartTrader enabled) for each trade. That way you can have multiple seperate positions and ATM orders will not be combined.

Please right click in ChartTrader and select 'ChartTrader Properties'. Set 'ATM strategy selection mode' to 'Display Selected ATM Strategy Only' and click OK. Do this for each ChartTrader you will use. More information can be found at the link below.

Subsequently submit each entry order in a different ChartTrader to manage each trade seperately.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, so I did this and I have one stoplimit order to sell under the market using one ATM. I go put in a stoplimit order to buy above the market using the same ATM and get the error of "You can't submit an exit order to a strategy until any of its entry orders has been filled". Same problems as before.

Comment

You will need to re-select your ATM strategy before submitting the second entry order.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thanks. That worked, but is there anyway to see all the orders in Chart Trader?

Comment

Hello,

DisplaySelectedATMStrategy will only show the orders associated with the selected ATM Strategy template.

If you'd like to use the same ATM Strategy template for multiple orders and still see all the orders at the same time, please use "KeepSelectedATMStrategyOnOrderSubmission".
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes