Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error starting ninjatrader 6.5 on xp computer

Hi,
    I downloaded the free version ninjatrader 6.5 and  installed on my computer. my computer has xp profe ssional with service pack 3.
    i  had problem starting it, it always give me the error
    "unable to connect to databse 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\\db\NinjaTrader.mdb':ObjectSpace:Connection String is Invald-Could not load file or assembly 'System. EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll" or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the patch specified."
    I noticed there were two backslash \\ in the path which could be the problem.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it a few times and at different drivers, it always give me the same error. Please help!

thanks,

Originally posted by phoenix97 View Post
    Hi,
    I downloaded the free version ninjatrader 6.5 and  installed on my computer. my computer has xp profe ssional with service pack 3.
    i  had problem starting it, it always give me the error
    "unable to connect to databse 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\\db\NinjaTrader.mdb':ObjectSpace:Connection String is Invald-Could not load file or assembly 'System. EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll" or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the patch specified."
    I noticed there were two backslash \\ in the path which could be the problem.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it a few times and at different drivers, it always give me the same error. Please help!

thanks,
    I have NT 6.5 on my Win XP 32 bit xp3 with all updates installed.

I found the folder in windows explorer, and put in the directory path the \\, and got a windows prompt "Windows cannot find 'c:\documents and settings\xxx\My Documents\Ninja Trader 6.5\db' Check the spelling and try again, or ...."

So your idea about \\ appears to work out.

Do you see the NinjaTrader.mdb in that folder?

Comment

yes, I can see this file NinjaTrader.mdb in the folder
      C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\db

I tried to add \ to the folder name, however xp doesn't allow that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Mindset