X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader Questions

Hello,

I'd like to use the chart trader for trading and have some questions:

1. Is it possible, to fill the order quantity field in the chart trader from a script (custom indicator/strategy)?
    2. If I use an ATM within the chart trader with two profit targets, is there a way how to set the first target to half of the the total order quantity and the second half to the second profit target? Since I do use different order quantities all the time I don't like to adapt the profit stop quantities all the time for every single order by hand. Is there a way to automize this?

Thanks.

Bosstrader,

Unfortunately there is no supported way of changing the order quantity field with a script.

You could do this in an automated strategy by modifying ATM strategies, however otherwise you must set this manually at this time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I use an ATM within the chart trader with two profit targets, is there a way how to set the first target to half of the the total order quantity and the second half to the second profit target? Since I do use different order quantities all the time I don't like to adapt the profit stop quantities all the time for every single order by hand. Is there a way to automize this?

Comment

Artumus,

Let's go through an example. If I setup a ATM strategy as follows :

Target 1 : 1 quantity, stop loss 10, profit target 20
        Target 2 : 2 quantity, stop loss 10, profit target 30

Then I submit an order for 6 contracts using this ATM strategy, it will automatically submit :

4 contracts for Target 1
        2 contracts for Target 2

Unfortunately the ATM strategy would lump the extra contracts onto the first target in this case, so there is no way to do what you ask thus far.

The best solution I can think of would be to create an automated strategy that has some tool bar buttons to submit orders. Then, you can have the automated strategy automatically calculate order quantity and submit protective orders internally. If you are not a programmer you would likely either need to learn or to hire a NinjaScript consultant to develop this however.

Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses