Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in Chart

I get this error when entering a symbols (ARIA):

Unable to subscribe to market data. Please assign an additional exchange to this Instrument Manager ARIA default.

Using Interactive Brokers

Thanks.

Here are the written and video instructions on how to add an instrument from TWS, this uses SPY as an example.

* Enter the instrument in TWS, e.g. SPY
    * Right click the instrument in TWS select Contract Info -> Details -> The Interactive Brokers symbol website will open.
    * Take note of the BOLD exchange in the list, e.g. ARCA
    * Open the NinjaTrader Control Center
    * Tools -> Instrument Manager
    * Search for the instrument to make sure that it is not part of the list or the name is not taken.
    * Press 'New'
    * Fill in the Master Instrument with the instrument label, e.g. SPY
    * In the exchanges menu, check 'Default' and check the exchange that was BOLD on the IB website (ARCA).
    * On the 'Misc' tab, scroll to the Interactive Brokers field under the Symbol Map section. Set this field to the same symbol it is in TWS.
    * Press 'OK'
    * Use the '<' Arrow to add it to your Default List.

Similar instructions can be found here:

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A pain!!

So many symbols that are NOT associated with any exchange, but are with Interactive Brokers!!!

Why is this so????

It is a pain to have to manually check off the Exchange these symbols are trading under!!

Comment

Hello,

This occurs with most ETFs or other instruments that are not already built into NinjaTrader.

If you have a list that you would like to add you can import a list of stock symbols.

CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
          Hello,

This occurs with most ETFs or other instruments that are not already built into NinjaTrader.

If you have a list that you would like to add you can import a list of stock symbols.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stock_symb.htm
          It is not a question of "importing a list", but one of the inconvenience for the end user having to do this on the fly for all the many symbols NOT associated with their proper Exchange!!

NT, should already come with this basic association! After all, this software is not free and you should not expect this to be the responsibility of the user!

We should just be able to input any publicly traded symbol and not have to deal with this inconvenience!

If this will be the norm, then I'll go somewhere else for a charting platform!

Comment

Thanks for this feedback, we have it on our list to look into this with our next major release of the software to have some way to make this easier for the end user. I do not have a release date for the next major release at this time.

-Brett

Comment

Bulk association??

First:

The issue is in the exchange association!! Most instruments have no association!!

I did a Import Stock Symbol List, and imported ALL Nasdaq symbols, choosing Nasdaq as "Traded on".

I still get the message saying there is no association for this instrument with an exchange!

How can I do bulk association??

Comment

Hello,

You outline the correct way to go about this, you would need to import a stock symbol list to do to this. This exchange setting would only be applied to the symbols you imported however. Next step I would do is check the instrument manager for the symbols that I imported are they set correctly?

If so and I try to pull up a chart what is the exact error?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post KenneGaray  
                Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba