Charts slow to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts slow to load

When I start up NT, sometimes the charts take a while to load up, sometimes over 5 mins, so I just re start it. Also, I try to load up a different index, ie- tf to CL, it won't fully load on all charts.

Hello bougie,

This may be due to how much data and calculations that you are requesting/running on your computer. Using some 3rd party indicators/strategies that can consume more CPU/Memory depending on how they are programmed. I'm including some of our Performance Tips to help reduce the memory and CPU foot print in NinjaTrader:

I'm including some of our Performance Tips to help reduce the memory and CPU foot print in NinjaTrader:

Hidden Workspaces

* Hidden workspaces consume CPU cycles so check under File > Workspaces to see all of the workspaces that are open and close any that you seldom or never use.

Chart Performance Tips

* Set chart indicators "Calculate on bar close" property to a value of 'True'
    * Increase your chart refresh interval by increasing the value of the chart property "Display update interval (sec)"
    * Reduce the number of bars on your chart (days back or bars back settings under "Format Data Series" dialog window
    * Reduce the number of running indicators
    * If you are running a custom or 3rd party indicator or strategy, remove them to isolate if these custom NinjaScript objects may be a CPU or memory drain

You can read all of our available performance tips from the following link:
    Click here to view the NinjaTrader performance tips

Let us know if the issue persists.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Only 1 workspace open, recently reformated my computer, and after 2 weeks, the charts were slow to load. I use to have about 5 workspaces open at once, and never had any issues with loading, using all the indicators i'm currently using.

Comment

Hello bougie,

Did you do a fresh install of NinjaTrader after you reformatted your computer or did you restore from a backup?

Happy to be of further assistance.

Comment

it was a fresh install

Comment

Hello bougie,

Since it was a clean install, I would suspect that it is the setting or an indicator on the chart(s) that causing it to run slow.

Could you try the Chart Performance Tips above listed in post #2 to try to speed it up.

Let me know if the issue still persists, even with no indicator applied to all of the charts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes