X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions

Hello,

I've got 2 questions:

I'm with IB as a broker. My primary connection is Kinetick. I mostly trade futures and need some data that IB do not provide (NQ Up/Dn for example). When I try to use IB as a primary connection, I do not get the NQ Issues Up index data. The opposite situation with IB forex data. I have not got Kinetick subscription for FOREX and don't need one as its OTC market and I want to see only my broker's quotes to handle stops the right way. I have FOREX data from IB. But again, when I use IB as a secondary connection, I can't get IB's Forex data on my charts.
    As I've understood, I should get FOREX from the 2-nd connection in case the 1-st one doesn't provide such type of data. That's my case.

Question 1:

Is in possible to somehow get FOREX on a chart from IB as a secondary connection without Kinetick FOREX subscription?

Question 2:

I'm a little bit confused with future contracts such as ??? ##-##. For example, if I use 6M ##-##, 6B ##-## instrument, what contract's data do I get? What happens on expiration dates? What expiration date's volume would I see? Is it wise to use such contracts instead of ?? 12-12 for example?

Kind regards,

Serge

Hello Serge,

When connected to multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader, you will receive data from the first connected connection on most occassions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), it will load data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.

Since both IB and Kinetick support all 4 instrument types, data is received from the first connected connection.

Question 1:

Unfortunately this is not supported.

Question 2:

##-## is the continuous contract, meaning it has previous expiries merged. You will load continuous data as provided from the connected data feed. I am not sure what roll over dates are used - please check with the data provider.

Please note that such contracts are used for information purposes only - you cannot trade them.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post Anfedport  
    Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes