Some future Contracts won't display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some future Contracts won't display

I'm trying to load Heating Oil contracts (BH, UHO for Jan 13 month) but I end up with an empty screen like the one on the pic. How do I resolve this issue? This happens with lots of different instruments as well, not just with heating oil
    Attached Files

snusnufreak, which broker or data provider are you using with NT7 here please?

Is this on our latest NT7 R11 release?

If so, please ensure to recheck your charts as well after having reset your instruments under Tools > Options > Data.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using ampfutures with cqg. I installed version 11 today and I did try to reset instruments but it didn't help, i still get an empty chart.

Thank You!

Comment

Thanks, same outcome seen for the current 10-12 contracts of those instruments? Per default the continuous contracts would be enabled and as such non current frontmonths as per our rollover dates set could not be viewed, you could need to here select to work on 'DoNotMerge' then for the merge policy setting either for the instrument (in the Instrument Manager settings for each instrument) or globally for all instruments under Tools > Options > Data.

Comment

I've set merge policy to donotmerge and this is what i get: 10-12 contract gives only current day. For the further ones Ninja gives me following message: "Error on loading chart data for 'BH 01-13 Globex': NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available."
          Last edited by snusnufreak; 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

i get the same thing and I am with AMP futures also.
            I gave up on the instruments. all of the softs do this for me

Comment

Thanks for your patience - I looked into and unfortunately it would be expected since those symbols are not recorded on the data server currently. You could though self record the realtime received data to provide a backfill in the future.

We run an enhancement suggestion in product management to add more data coverage in, this would include the contracts you tested - I've just added both your votes / requests in here.

A 3rd party datafeed like Kinetick (see my signature please) could provide a backfill as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
              0 responses
              1 view