Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to open NT

HI guys

I tried to launch NT just now and it didn't open.

I got the following error messages:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".

and

"An installation package for the product NinjaTrader 7 cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'tmp139.tmp'."

I'd just run a system clean up routine from 'System Mechanic', which included optimizing the hard disk. My guess is this did something somewhere.

Will I have to reinstall NT? (I did a back-up 2 days ago so I wouldn't lose that much.)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hello arbuthnot,

Thank you for your post.

In this case, yes you will need to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
    Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
    1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    4. Reboot your machine.
    5. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

Hi Patrick

Thanks very much for your instant reply and telling me exactly what needed to be done.

I reinstalled the system following your instructions and it's looking great - same as before the hitch. I didn't even have to import a backup as the system data was obviously kept thru the uninstall.

Much obliged and I'm grateful to be able to get going again so quickly.

Comment

Hi again

Having used NT for a day now since reinstalling, I find I am having a few issues I didn't have before.

1) The last Workspace I was using doesn't open automatically.

2) When I do load my most recent Workspace, some of the charts take about 10 minutes to load.

3) Then as they these final ones load, about 10 or more extraneous charts appear. In all of these, the top left shows just 'Instrument' (not which one) then '1 minute' and below there's the 'Loading data' notice. They just come out of nowhere. I'm sure they're not charts I've made that are waiting to load data.

Again, thanks in advance for any advice about these problems.

Comment

Hello arbuthnot,

Thank you for your response.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.
          You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

In addition, please advise how many Workspaces you have open and the size of your database file which can be found by going to Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db folder and the database will be named "NinjaTrader.sdf".

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of your e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=52414

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Thanks very much, Patrick. I'll try to get this done very soon. Cheers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
            6 responses
            1 like
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader