Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

History older than predefined contract months

Hi guys,

So I loaded ES historical data that is older than the contract months defined in the default template in instrument manager. I had to create the contract months before importing. Years 2003 etc.

When I connected up to live and tried to load up a daily chart however and set the look back period as far back as this, I get the general error about "Ninja Trader does not support this instrument" with the contract month descriptions and then none of the historical data will load.

Presumably it is a clash with the contract months not being set up on the historical server but surely there must be a way around this or is historical data currently limited to that which is predefined on the Ninja History Server.

DB

Hello DangerBoy,

Unfortunately there is only historical daily data available starting April 2009.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason, I loaded it into Ninja from external, using import. I have imported 10 years of data back to 2003.

Check my initial question again.

DB

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying.

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and disable 'Get data from server (if available)'.

Disconnect/re-connect your data feed and check if the error remains.

Comment

Yes I already did that to fix it but not ideal is it? Once that option is switched off, no historical data whatsoever is fetched for any instruments since you can't switch it off on an instrument by instrument basis. Also it means that for the ES instrument, I would have to constantly load in new historical data to keep it up to date as it no longer fetches and merges the latest stuff from the server.

I could also create a custom instrument specifically for the older stuff to get around it but again there would be no way of merging the most current data from the history server.

I will get by in the end but not really ideal..

Comment

I understand, however I do not see a different way. You could enable 'Save chart data as historical' in the Options-->Data-tab and all real-time data you receive in the chart will be saved as historical data.

For periods you are not connected, you could enable 'Get data from server (if available)' when you first start NinjaTrader again. Subsequently use a small value for 'Days to load' for the chart. Once the missing data is loaded, disable it again. Disconnect/re-connect and load the chart with the 'Days to load' setting you like.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post bltdavid  
            Started by port119, Today, 02:43 PM
            0 responses
            1 view