Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Acct Other Data Provider

Hi,
    I just realized that IB does not support tick data. Unfortunately all my charts and indicators are using tick data . Is it possible for me to be connected to my IB account to place orders but use another data service?

Hello Marklhc1988,
    Welcome to the forum and I am happy to assist you.

Yes, you can connect to multiple connections at the same time. For example you can subscribe to Kinetick, which is the preferred data feed for NinjaTrader and get data from it and then connect to IB to place your orders.

Please refer to our help guide to know more about it.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Joydeep,
      Thanks for the quick, very good reply. I have gone ahead and subscribed to Kinetick. Now I need to clarify as it is not clear to me: is the primary data feed the datafeed I connect to first and the secondary is the datafeed I connect to second? Furthermore, is the primary datafeed in the very lower left of the control panel and the secondary the datafeed showing to the right? The reason for these questions is does primary and secondary have anything to do with the backup datafeed that can be added during connection setup? Hope this makes sense...

Comment

Hello Marklhc1988,
        Yes, the primary data feed is the first connection you make. The secondary connection refers to the second connection you make.

Yes, the left most connection in the status bar is the primary connection. The next connection to it right is the secondary connection.

In case the data connection fails to retrieve the data then NinjaTrader will try to pull data from the backup connection if you set one via the account connection.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post z.franck  
        Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes