Improving Market Replay Repaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improving Market Replay Repaint

When making the next round of pc upgrades, what would yield faster chart repainting on a multi-monitor setup (particularly during market replay repaint). I don't see any display problems using market data during the trading day on the multi monitor setup. Simply asking about faster repainting when moving the market replay slider around.

By the way, the performance tips at http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm are very good and I have read them.

Noticed that a pc with single monitor with one chart is obviously faster repainting the screen when moving the market replay slider as compared to a different pc with (more memory & faster cpu) quad monitors displaying multiple time frame charts of the same instrument.

Without building a newer machine using DDR3 & faster bus, etc., of the obvious upgrade choices, cpu, memory & video card, what would give the most bang for the buck during the next upgrade, in this case, the video card, I'd assume. Correct? Or am I missing something.

(the machine currently has an AMD Phenom 970 X4 3.5 Ghz cpu, 8 Gb DDR2-666 PC2 5300 + Nvidia Quadro NVS 440)

Thanks
    Last edited by florida99; 08-25-2012, 12:33 PM.

I don't think you really mean a 'repaint'. Your machine is definitely fast enough and is several times more powerful than my 2008 laptop.

I think what you are experiencing when you move the slider around, is data be loading.

On your charts, is DaysToLoad only what is necessary? Or are you loading in 50 days on 10 charts?

I wait more than a few seconds (sometimes 10-30 seconds, depending on what else I'm doing at the time) when loading 5 days of data on about 10 different charts.

Originally posted by florida99 View Post
    When making the next round of pc upgrades, what would yield faster chart repainting on a multi-monitor setup (particularly during market replay repaint). I don't see any display problems using market data during the trading day on the multi monitor setup. Simply asking about faster repainting when moving the market replay slider around.

By the way, the performance tips at http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm are very good and I have read them.

Noticed that a pc with single monitor with one chart is obviously faster repainting the screen when moving the market replay slider as compared to a different pc with (more memory & faster cpu) quad monitors displaying multiple time frame charts of the same instrument.

Without building a newer machine using DDR3 & faster bus, etc., of the obvious upgrade choices, cpu, memory & video card, what would give the most bang for the buck during the next upgrade, in this case, the video card, I'd assume. Correct? Or am I missing something.

(the machine currently has an AMD Phenom 970 X4 3.5 Ghz cpu, 8 Gb DDR2-666 PC2 5300 + Nvidia Quadro NVS 440)

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
    10 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Leafcutter  
    Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes