Zombie orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombie orders

Hi, I have a few orders that are still in a pending or initialized state and I can't get rid of them. Two of them have been in the Initialized state for over a month. Nine more are in PendingCancel or PendingSubmit state. Shutting down and restarting NinjaTrader doesn't solve the problem, nor does issuing a Cancel Order or Cancel All Orders command. This was a minor annoyance with just two orders, but now with 11 of these orders that means that I can only activate 89 symbols with my 100-symbol Kinetick license. I can activate these 11 symbols also, but the pending orders don't go away even if my strategy enters and exits positions, so I'm forced to include these as my 100 symbols every day, and that's not acceptable. How do I get rid of these orders?

Hello,
    Thank you for your note.

Please reset the simulation account.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    Select the "Simulator" tab
    Press the "Reset" button
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Cameron,

I reset the database (it took about 20 hours), but now NinjaTrader refuses to start. It claims the database is too big(!). I'm guessing this is a common problem and is going to be easy to resolve, otherwise it would be panic time. I did execute a Ninja backup on Friday afternoon, so even if we have to reinstall everything should be restorable. I took screen shots and am emailing them to support @ ninjatrader.com with Attn: Cameron as the subject line.

Comment

Hi Cameron and Matthew,

(Matthew helped me restore the database over the weekend by renaming the existing one and letting NinjaTrader create a fresh database when it starts up).

Restoring the database worked fine. I was even able to add my favorite symbols back to the database by updating the Instruments.txt file. All of my strategies were untouched, but they had been backed up on Friday so I wasn't worried about that. It's been running for a couple of hours now with no glitches. Thanks, guys!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post maybeimnotrader