X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Questions: default drawing tools/delete indicators

Hello,

My questions (so far ):

1. How do I keep changed colors to my Fib Retracements or even any drawing tools? I see a Default choice, but I don't know what that means. To make it my Default? Or NT's default if I click on it? Or if I click on it, will it change my colors back to the original?

2. Is there a way to get rid of indicators that I've added to the list by adding others' indicators? I have some templates that I'd like to try out over the week end, but don't want to be stuck with them in the Indicator list as I'm just experimenting. I have my own template, but doesn't hurt to try other things.

I've looked in the NT Manual, but it sure doesn't tell anything about indicators. At least there should be an explanation and perhaps a chart showing what it would look like.

3. Thought of another question. I have both "Pivots" and "Woodies Pivots" on my charts. I think only one is showing up, but don't know which one. I wanted to compare them to see which is best. Is it a no no to have both?

Thank you.

Hello,

1) Within NinjaTrader 7 you may change settings for the Fibonacci drawing tool and save templates with the steps provided below.
    • Double left mouse click on the diagonal line connecting your points which will open the Fibonacci Retracement Properties window
    • Make any changes within the properties window
    • Click Apply
    • Right mouse click within your Fibonacci Properties window
    • Manage Templates
    • Name your template
    • Click Save
    • You may save your Template with the name Default to be used automatically

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Drawing Tools and Objects.

2) You can delete indicators from your system by going to Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Indicators--> locate the indicator and select "Delete"

3) It is possible to load both pivots. I'd suggest changing the plot colors on one so you know which plot you're dealing with.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you, Matthew. I think I keep referring to an older Manual so your link was helpful!

Have a great day! BTW, you guys are awesome. Yesterday another NT Support fellow helped me getting NT up and running again. It's running perfectly now. Plus you're all so prompt!

Comment

Thank you for the kind words and we're happy to help!

Happy trading!
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
        6 responses