Data efficiency with MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data efficiency with MA

I am new to using the MA. All I want is a list of symbols and the current quote, with a % change from the prior day's trading. The quotes do not need to be tick-by-tick. I would be okay if the quote board updated every 5 seconds or so. I just need a snapshot to view about 20 different markets, and leaving out 99% of all ticks will suffice.

So, am I going to increase the incoming data and bog down my network if I load 20 symbols in MA, or is there a way to make it efficient for how I would like to use it?

There is not a way to change the interval in which the LastPrice updates. You will see prices change tick-by-tick.

However 20 symbols is not a very large request and I can't imagine you will introduce any issues with your network with this setup.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      There is not a way to change the interval in which the LastPrice updates. You will see prices change tick-by-tick.

However 20 symbols is not a very large request and I can't imagine you will introduce any issues with your network with this setup.
      Thank you Matthew. So would you say that in general, a chart will take up much more resources than the MA will? Obviously it will take up much more memory, but I'm shocked that with so many more ticks coming in potentially per second that this would not take a toll on network resources.

Comment

Yes, the chart would be more resource intensive, depending on the number of bars that are loading. The Market Analyzer has a default property of 50 bars, but you can reduce this if you feel the need. This is configured by right clicking on the Market Analyzer and selecting "Properties".

The market analyzer would get more CPU intensive if you loaded indicators on all of these symbols - but the price feed alone will not have a very large impact.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
        1 response
        0 likes