Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold future contract not rolling forward

Hi;
    Hi my gold future contract (symbol GC) is not rolling forward correctly to the December 2012 contract. When I add GC again to the default instrument list, it still displays 08 (August) as the expiry. I have changed this manually to December and added the instruments.
    However when I then change my chart to use the December contract the data on the chart does not seem to be correct and the merge is not working.

I had a similiar issue months back with the DAX, where I had to reset the instrument list for it to work. I have tried this here as well, still no luck.

The merge policy for GC is set to UseGlobalSettings and the global Merge policy is MergeBackAdjusted.

Any ideas what causes this and more important how to fix it. BTW I connect to IB.

Thanks
    Thomas

Hi Thomas, there is unfortunately a known issue in GC's set rollover data for the 12-12 frontmonth contract used now.

Please edit this on your local NT side in the Instrument manager (set to July 30th) and reload your charts then.

You can edit the rollover dates by going to Tools > Instrument Manager > locate the GC master instrumen > click Edit and go to the bottom of the misc section.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great solved, thanks

Comment

I have one more question. I have noticed that the December contract was the last one in the list when editing the GC contract (misc tab). Does this get automatically updated once we are close to the next expiry month?

Thomas

Comment

Glad to hear - yes we're working on the update at this time, will be rolled with our next NT7 update.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses