Platform Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Platform Freeze

When the market moves strongly around the time of news or FOMC yesterday, the platform freezes. This happens with both CQG and ZenFire. I'm using the latest 64 bit version, have only one workspace open with four or five charts, no more than 10 days back - not a lot of indicators. This has been a consistent problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I will need to review your log and trace files to help determine why this has been occuring

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following thread in the body of the email:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Follow Up

Is there any follow up on this thread as I have the same problem on separate computers running different data feeds (TT & Kinetick) and it's impossible to trade like this. For example just now on the FOMC release my platform was frozen for 16 mins. Thank you.

Comment

In general if you find that NinjaTrader has difficultly keeping up during high volume periods, this would indicate that you are reaching the limits of your CPU or memory that is available during these times.

I'm including some of our Performance Tips to help reduce the memory and CPU foot print in NinjaTrader:

Hidden Workspaces

Hidden workspaces consume CPU cycles so check under File > Workspaces to see all of the workspaces that are open and close any that you seldom or never use.

Chart Performance Tips
        • Set chart indicators "Calculate on bar close" property to a value of 'True'
        • Increase your chart refresh interval by increasing the value of the chart property "Display update interval (sec)"
        • Reduce the number of bars on your chart (days back or bars back settings under "Format Data Series" dialog window
        • Reduce the number of running indicators
        • If you are running a custom or 3rd party indicator or strategy, remove them to isolate if these custom NinjaScript objects may be a CPU or memory drain

You can read all of our available performance tips from the following link:

Click here to view the NinjaTrader performance tips

If you would like us to investigate exactly what had occurred, you will need to send in your diagnostic files for today.

Comment

Thank you Matthew. I would like to send the diagnostic files for further investigation. Could you please direct me as to how to proceed. Thank you.

Comment

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following thread in the body of the email:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y  
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            3 responses