Attach to: All charts doesnt work properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attach to: All charts doesnt work properly

From the begging of using NT I had always this problem that I tried to resolve multiple times. When I draw line or box on 1H timeframe and set Attach to : All charts it gets replicated on lower timeframe charts. However, sometimes it doesnt get copied to 1min, or if it does change in ZOOM on this charts removes or adds line onto chart. usually when I zoom in, it disappeares, when i zoom out it appears. I have attached 3 screens to document this. You can see 1H tf and 2x 1min screenshots. One with visible box, second without. All screens done within few moments. I believe there is some rule when the line/box is displayed and when its not, although it should be displayed all the time on all timeframes with all levels of zoom.
    Attached Files

Hello ZOLLINO,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the behavior you've outlined here is as we would expect in the current release of NinjaTrader. If any anchor point of a drawing object falls outside the current boundaries of a chart that drawing object is not displayed. At this time there is no work-around which would cause drawing objects who's anchors are outside the boundaries of a chart to display though a change here is something that development is considering for a future release. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for fast reply... it would be good if development can fix this as many people is using it this way and dont know why its not working properly. Thank you

Comment

Coupla Suggestions.....

Where one may expect a drawing object to not show when the anchor point moves off screen....what I often do is place a short vertical line at the right end of the object when initially placed...that way you have a marker for this location, even when the object may disappear....

Another solution is when you place the drawing object initially (and where the anchor point is on the left side of the object when drawn from left to right)....draw it from right to left....that way the anchor point will be on the right side of the object and it will remain onscreen until the object exits the screen left side....this works well with the Trend Channel tool for example....takes a bit to get used to but this seems to work OK....

Thanks....
        Last edited by Alfred; 07-25-2012, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        27 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by ETFVoyageur, 04-30-2024, 02:04 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post eDanny