Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate column in Execution Tab

Hi,

Please provide me with detailed information regarding Rate column in Execution Tab.

The only information I found is from your Help:
    Executions done on currency pairs that do not contain USD will try to grab a conversion rate in real-time shown in the "Rate" column from your data provider. Should a suitable USD conversion rate not be available, a rate of 1 will be used. This rate will be used in determining the PnL in USD for the forex trade in other areas like the Account Performance tabs. The approach NinjaTrader follows is the GAIN Capital approach, but may differ from what banks do since they base their conversion rates off of the prior session's closing price of the currency pair. This means that our calculation approach may result in slightly different PnL values than the ones reported from your brokerage.
    Questions:
    1. What does it mean exactly "will try to grab"? Can I specify it manually or this is auto process only?
    2. If Rate = 1 - Does it mean that my profit given in Trades Tab is in quote currency?
    3. What you mean by "GAIN Capital approach"?

P.S. I am connected to external data feed in simulation mode and trading with my automated strategy on several forex instruments.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

Basically it is what the PnL needs to be multiplied by to result in your PnL to be displayed in USD.

This is all dont automatically there is no way for you to have any manual control.

The only item here is to make sure you have data for the currency pair that you need data for to make the conversion.

For example is you trade EURJPY you would need data for either USDJPY or EURUSD to get the currency converted into USD. If the data was missing rate would remain 1 meaning no conversion done.

-Brett

Comment

Is it possible to convert to other currency than USD?

Comment

Hello kucharek,

Unfortunately this is not supported. The Rate column will always convert to USD and cannot be changed.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post r68cervera  
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes